Humboldt Tupur & Happy Frog Grow

Wife talked me into giving the one plant a chance to spread her wings … and while I was thinking about it the door knocks with a delivery… :grin:

1 Like

PXL_20221001_223958866
Wanted some room for the two 6 inch fans so the Infinity fan will have to sit at the top of the tent for now … super quiet…happy with the purchase. I can now leave it running all night. :blush:

2 Likes

Awesome on the fan! Sorry about the balls!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:… well said.

1 Like

I usually bend the faster growing branches down to an equal height of the lower (slower growing) branches, and the bending will strengthen the branch at the same time as it heals. I’ve noticed my buds considerably healthier when I do this. And yeah, I’ve accidentally snap a branch off too …cring, so don’t try this at home folks, proceed with caution.

And with that the one lady left is almost filling up the entire tent to herself, just crazy. And things aren’t always roses here, if you’ve made it this far with me you know I’ve seen my bumps and bruises here already…but wait, there’s more! I think I’m going through a Calcium deficiency right now. That or I got hit with a fungus of some kind, but I’m strongly leaning to the Calcium thing. I’ve plucked some leaves for closer examination and I’ll share those here, let me know what you guys think. On one hand why I’m thinking fungus is before I got the exhaust fan my humidity levels at night were really high. That’s under control right now. The other hand realizes that growing in Coco requires some Cal Mag supplementation. Lot more than usual. And after looking into this Humboldt Tupur soil at their website, right there in the description reads …

“As a coco fiber based soilless medium, it requires high levels of calcium and magnesium to unlock its true potential”.

So I’m reacting to both scenarios right now. I grabbed the emergency bottle of Cal Mag and watered the pot yesterday with it.

For the potential fungus, I’m spraying the leaves at night just before the lights go out with an organic spray formula by Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Initially grabbed the stuff to ward off fungus gnats last year. Ironically, I haven’t seen a fungus gnats these past couple of grows…knock on wood. And I’m not suggesting it’s this product. This stuff claims to aid against powdery mildew. I have it, why not use it?

Besides the bummer news, she’s still growing strong and starting to get that Dank smell right before they go into the strong flowering phase. Glad I put the carbon up this past weekend :grin:

1 Like

Reached out to the gang and got this response

“Keep her, she will give you some nice flower tops in a couple of months. You don’t have a fungus. The bronzing on your leaf is on the inside of the leaf whereas a fungus is on the outside. The ground is staying wet too long or too much water. Let the soil dry for a while. Take a hand cultivator and gently loosen the soil around the plant. IF you are using mulch pull it back so the soil can breathe a while. Don’t give your plant any fertilizer or it will get worse”. :sunglasses:

So I’ll give this a try tonight and not water this thing till it dries up pretty good. See what happens

@dbrn32 You we’re right …dang pots to big. Gonna toss them and go back to the 7 gallon.

1 Like

Easy enough to do.

1 Like

Catch you guys on the next chapter… coming soon…

Grand Daddy Purple (crossed with) Bruce Banner … :slightly_smiling_face: What could go wrong? :joy:

2 Likes