Humboldt Tupur & Happy Frog Grow

How did that happen :thinking:

The sativa was a freebie so I guess I shouldn’t be that surprised. I’m really embarrassed about it. Coming out gung ho here and now this. If it is an auto I just might cull it and finish the grow with the broad leafed gal. I 'm not certain, it’s there already so not sure.

And… they could just be preflowering … :joy: what a drama queen … :roll_eyes:
I was tired last night… :confused:
Gonna lay off the scissors for 48 hours…poor plant

Coming on to week 4, think she’s ready to flip. Pot is 19 inches wide. Just waiting for her brother to play catch up.

1 Like

Defoliation

Sticking with organics I topped dress with a half cup of proprietary blend of dry amendments (Earth Dust) and 1.5 cups of compost. I am preparing for the flip in a few days. Maybe by Wednesday. (Dependent on how fast or slow they recover from the defoliation). We’re coming to my favorite part of the grow…FLOWER :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see this a lot, almost every grow, the bright lime green center. Was told it’s just really fast growth going on. Thoughts?

1 Like

Ya, never alarmed when new growth comes out a little lighter. It will usually match other leaves with a little time.

1 Like

Thanks, I sometimes wonder back of my head…are these magnesium deficient? :thinking: I had a feeling they were gonna explode soon. My last grow one of the ladies grew 12 inches in one week, I couldn’t believe it. I measured this current grow at 13" Saturday.

1 Like

I could see how you could feel that way. My sanity test on magnesium deficiency is usually darker down center of leaf and lighter between veins out to edge where is lightest shade. What you have here is the opposite, so I think you’re good.

1 Like

appreciate it, thank you.

1 Like

They’re growing out better than expected, almost out of room. Little , very little LST to get these to branch out. So far so good.
And we have some seedlings started up for the winter already. Stoked on these. Gonna set up the garage tent for them. Might/should start a grow diary thread on them soon. All feminized, Northern Lights (RoyalQueenSeeds) OG Kush (MSNL) & Blue Dream (Seedsman).

1 Like

I’ve noticed my new lamp has a flaw, the left side is way brighter than the right. So I’m playing musical pots. I switched them. left to right. And I really didn’t notice the leaf structure change till today. The Acapulco leaves are starting to narrow down Sativa like. I got these seeds from Nukeheads but doing a little research on the strain I’m finding this plant resembles what Barney Farms puts out. The poppy heads are just starting to form, I’m seeing a few white pistils at the top. Eventually these will be like a golf ball, maybe by next week. The other lady is a mystery. I’m wanting to try out a few Grand Daddy Purple freebies I got last week, those might be my next 4x2 grow.
I’ve been watering about a gallon per pot every two days or so. That seems to be working.

I saw some info where a cover crops terpene profile can add/benefit to the main flowers terpene profile. I sprinkled some to see if they would take a few weeks back, they did. :slightly_smiling_face:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JL8WHWG?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_ypp_rep_k0_1_10&amp=&crid=3IGXH1E1U5B9Q&amp=&sprefix=cover+crop

1 Like

Found a cool gadget for the tent, not sure why I’ve never tried this before. Got a hygrometer with an attached wired strobe. So you can get the humidity and temps from the canopy level. Big difference. I always thought my temps were in the 76-79’s… well maybe at the bottom of the tent … not at the canopy level.

2 Likes

2 Likes

My buddy talked me into going all the way with the automated AC Infinity set up. Doesn’t cost that much so we’ll see if the hype is real on this fan. I have a cheap inline fan that’s been making way to much noise. So I turn it off at night, probably when I need it the most too. The humidity has been climbing from 56 to 80% when the lights are off. With this Infinity set up I’m hoping it’ll be quiet enough to be left on at night. And when the set humidity is met that it either shuts off or goes at its lowest setting for constant air exchange. Currently I’ve been just opening the tent when I’m at home and leaving the exhaust fan on when I’m away, except at night when I’m trying to sleep. If the Infinity set up doesn’t work out at night then plan B is to move the tent to another room. The ladies are doing good so far.

2 Likes

Ac infinity fans are great! Not the strongest fans available, but very efficient and quiet. Automation level depends on controller you get with. T-series fans don’t really control the way need them to on their own but they have additional controllers that should do what you need it to.

1 Like

That’s good news. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know what this is… and, well, life happens. What can we do. I’m gonna post these pics up and let you guys tell me what I already know. Starts with a H. I think I’m gonna just tear these down. And plant 2 of the 6 I have going already. The two will be of the same strain. Probably Northern Lights.