Humbled and honored first grow

Nice, looks like you’re gonna have some big monsters.

1 Like

Have you done the trans yet…?

1 Like

I hope so

No ,I have all the stuff coming Friday ; 15gal grow pots, 24" pot trays ,perlite , worm castings, and I’m going to work in some Age Old Bloom into the feeding schedule.

1 Like

I’ll make a suggestion on removing the fabric pot… its something I know works…find a bucket or suchlike that has the same diameter or slightly smaller as the bottom of the fabric pot. Turn the bucket upside down and place the pot on top, you can now peel the fabric pot off by pulling down. The bottom roots are obviously going to get damaged, to lessen this, take a bread knife and cut against the fabric … Maybe you or someone else finds this usefull …:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Thank you , was going to try the same thing but on their side .The bucket sounds like a better idea

1 Like

Glad I could help…:sunglasses::v:

looking good Luke

1 Like

I watched that awhile ago before you posted this, I thought the guy was kinda nuts for snapping his branches but he explained it well. I still don’t know if I have the guts to try this technique yet hahaha

2 Likes

@rookiegrower It works ,I always hear people saying they snapped a branch or flower top off .after training these plants are so much stronger. I enter my tent to move a fan or change the pre-filter with no fear of damaging anything .

1 Like

Every branch i do it to ends up growing back twice as strong, but the first time definitely scared me a little

1 Like

My girls new home 15 gal grow bags .They need 2.0 cuft. of soil WTF. I hope this is a good investment. This grow bag makes that 5 gal bucket ,look like a solo cup LOL

2 Likes

I just transplanted my girls

What is the best way to clean these

That is the outside of the pot

1 Like

They’re going to be happier, just be careful to not overwater, the bigger containers hold a lot more moisture, and you want the roots to grow into it.

2 Likes

It took 6 cuft Plus the soil from the original pots to fill the new pots

3 Likes

Looking good, did you try the upside down pot?
I normally leave the pots in the sun for a day or 2, the roots will dry and you can remove them easier, before soaking/washing…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

@Arrow I washed the loose soil away and now they are drying out. I got a boar bristle brush I was going to hit it with. Thank you for the reply . I know better next time.Just jet them dry out. BTW your bucket idea worked great

2 Likes

Girls are in their new home . I ripped off a ton of roots in the transplant.In my sad attempt to reduce shock .I watered them with 2.5 gals per plant .1/4 tsp per gallon aloe Vera ,3 Tbsp Mykos wp ,2 Tbsp Azos ,30 ml per gallon molasses. Maybe the extra sugar will get the microbes going, to help my girls to transition .Man these pots are heavy. I used my soil for my next grow, all of it WTXF. That soil wasn’t cheap…

1 Like

I’m starting to get the dandelion tops, they are starting to sex. Next week I will start counting it as the first week of flower.

Feed during flower for organic grows is different. I just amended the new soil with worm casting, bat guano,. My bloom nutes are going to be , maxicrop 0-0-17, Neptune’s Harvest Organic Hydrolized Fish & Seaweed 2-3-1, and I’m adding Old Age bloom to the line up 5-10-5

3 Likes

I watered Friday 2.5 gal Per plant with very little run off ,which means I have about 10 gal of water in my tent. Rh just spiked to 80 rh. I’m not going to worry about it. But I’m going to keep a eye on it. The new grow bags may create a humidity problem.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see these plants take off in these bigger bags.

1 Like