Huge buds on GL

On my SOG grow, using GL clones. As I started to harvest, the buds on the outside showed it was time to harvest. However, the bud next to the stalk was still bright green and the tricomes were clear. Not sure how to harvest. Cut the buds in half and let the interior keep growing? Sorry no pics.

1 Like

A lot of people harvest a little at a time because of this (some ready & some not). I’d consider myself lucky if my buds all came in at the same time. I’m hopeing to do it this time with my new lights, but with my old mars hydros it was always a bud here & there.

Tks Pillsbury. I just seen haven’t a bud that was half ripe and have unripe. Either way, the buds are very hard and glisten with trichromes. Out of 21 plants, all clones, I’m looking at close to a pound. I have a sf2000 and a Mars 3000. More light is the key.

1 Like

I meant like take the buds that are on the top of the plant that are ready & leave lower ones not quite ready yet. I haven’t seen a 1/2 done bud either but I have screwed up & mixed ripe & not so ripe buds in a jar & one bud is a great buz & next is eh not so great.

@Dillard
Who said you had to harvest at one time? It’s your buds, you kike clear trichomes, cloudy, or amber! I always do all 3 for patients choice right. Plus myself preference is the main reason .

2 Likes

Need pics

Didn’t think of that I was being selfish & thinking only how I like em

1 Like

My last grow I had three different harvest spanning a3-4 weeks. watering was a bitch because you didn’t know if you should feed or flush. :grin: This grow, (my 2nd) it looks like my baby will totally be chopped on 4/20 :grin: :sparkling_heart: :heart_eyes:

Good luck, my friend

2 Likes

@pedally
Good info, I cut my plants diet after week 6 if it’s indicate dominant, 9 weeks for sativa dominant.