HPS/MH Lights clearance

What should the min clearance between hps/mh light shield and tent be i have 3x3x6 tent have 34" shield on my light

The bulb gets far hotter than the shade which is actually dual purpose to prevent bulb burning things and reflect light Center light in tent and allow 6-10" space above just for good measure

thank you, @Donaldj since I have to return this light before opening, i"ll get a mars hydro reflector 192.LED

I read somewhere that a 400 watt HPS 14 inches from the plant is equivalent to full sun. I grew some indicas outside that couldn’t take full sun. Sativas can.

Has anyone used or know about this light The Marshydro II 700w

Departments
All

Search

Search
Reorder Items

Roy
Cart
Items in cart

Advertiser Content

Patio & GardenGarden CenterHydroponicsPlant Lights & Kits

Mars II 700W Full Spectrum Led Grow Light Kits Growing Lamp Bulb Plants Lighting Hydroponic System Indoor Garden Greenhouse Vegetables Bloom Veg Flowering Seedling Vegetative Flowering Mars Hydro
Average rating:5out of5stars, based on1reviews
1 reviews
ratings
Q&A
By: Mars Hydro

This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out.

Tell us if something is incorrect

$264.99

Sold & shipped by LG-LED SOLUTIONS LIMITEDReturn policy

Free shipping
Arrives by Thursday, Mar 29
Ship to 01905See shipping options

Free pickup not available from this seller

Avoid unexpected repair costs with a $0 deductibleCare Plan
Add 3-YearProtection$28.00
Add 4-YearProtection$39.00
Quantity:

Add to Cart
Add to List
Add to Registry
Advertiser Content

Advertiser Content

About this item
Customer Reviews
Item Recommendations
Policies & Plans
About this Item
Disclaimer: While we aim to provide accurate product information, it is provided by manufacturers, suppliers and others, and has not been verified by us. See our disclaimer.
Welcome to Mars Hydro Walmart store!
Mars Hydro Mars II 700 Technical Data
Item Model: Mars II 700
Number of Leds: 140pcs
LED Type: High intensity Epistar
Spectrum: 430~440nm, 450~475nm, 620~630nm, 650~670nm, white, IR 730nm
Actual Wattage: 283W±5%
Amp Draw: 2.57A/110v
Coverage Area at 18 inches Flower : Up to 3ft x 3ft
Coverage Area at 18 inches Veg : Up to 3.5ft x 3.5ft
PAR at 18 inches: 1280 umols
Lumen Output: 14,764 lumen
Replaces HPS/HID/MH: 300 watt
Product Dimensions: 15 x 15 x 3.5 inches
Packing Dimensions: 19 x 19 x 6 inches
Net Weight: 15lbs/6.64KG
Heat Output: 1095 BTU
Leds View Angle: 90/120 degree mixed
Input Voltage: 85V-265V(AC)
Frequency Range: 50~60Hz
Life Rating: 50000-100000hrs
Safety certification: ETL/CE/RoHS
Warranty: 2 year
Main Features
Full Spectrum --Enhanced spectral output covering full PAR (400-730nm) promotes photosynthesis. The most efficient spectrum for growing plants based on 8 years of research and testing, and we have thousands and thousands of growers worldwide who have been using our lights.
High Par --At 18 inches above the canopy, coverage area is up to 3’ x 3’ for flowering and up to 3.5’ x 3.5’ for vegetation. The Mars II series has compact led chip layout which is able to offer deep penetration with increased PAR needed to support growth of plant.
Energy Efficient-Easy plug-in service. No need to purchase reflectors or bulbs. The Mars II 700 can easily replace a 300 watt HPS and runs 60% cooler than HPS.
Efficient Cooling–Mars II leds keep running cool for using silent-forced air intake/exhaust fans and massive pin-cushion heat sinks. We over cool our LEDs to ensure long life and low canopy temperatures.
100% Safe–The whole panel is ETL/CE/RoHS certified, and the parts including the fan, power cord, input socket, and others are UL certified. No risk of catching fire or burning.
Built to Last–Light-weight, yet strong powder-coated steel hardware. Proprietary constant-current LED controllers. 2-year warranty. Customer Support from a factory and local service center.
Package Includes
Your order quantity is 1, so there is 1 box shipped to you. 1 box contains 1 light+1 power cord+1 set hanging kits
1 x Mars Hydro Mars II 700 led grow light
1 x Free US power cord
1 x Free steel hanging kits
Shipping
Local warehouse in US, Canada, Germany, UK, AU.
@Momtomask
@1BigFella
@Donaldj

Decided to return HPS/MH lights and get LED @Momtomask, @Donaldj, @1BigFella

It’s a 283 watt light. I think it would work a lot better lighting a 2x3 tent. And it is impossible that it has 60% less heat than a 300 watt HPS bulb. It consumes 283 watts as opposed to a 300 watt bulb, so it puts out 6 percent less heat. I’m sure the heat is spread out a lot more, but watts are watts. They don’t magically disappear. You have to exhaust out that heat, and in fact having all the heat in a confined volume like an HPS bulb cool tube makes it easier to suck that hot air out with a connected duct.

If you have a fan running in your grow chamber, then all the heat from a big heat sink gets mixed in with the rest of the chamber air before you can exhaust it. The result is a slightly higher chamber temperature with the LED than with an HPS bulb in a ducted cool tube.

Besides the hype, it looks like a decent LED light. Looks like a good mix of wavelengths. I like COBs better but they are not cheap.

@1BigFella, @Donaldj, I am concerned about the light working in a 3x3x6 tent need the heat it’s in a room that stays cold so a heat contribution is a plus have family and exhaust system to control the heat for now. I am in the Massachusetts where it’s cold outside right now. I will deal with the heat this summer.

Than you should’ve went with a CMH/LEC or stuck with MH/HPS leds don’t produce much heat