HPS and fluorescent lights advice?

sweet, I have thought about a Scog but felt I needed more experience. Very nice, what strain is she

This is my first grow ever sheā€™s gorilla glue

Scrog is great Yoshi from this forum helped me out with great advice
My next girl is bag seed she ready to flower now she is LST just waiting on the gorilla glue to finish up then after that one trying out auto flower see how it go`s

1 Like

If I had my setup from day one no telling how big she would be at this point

Thatā€™s what I love about this forum everyone is willing to help and a major bonus is great seeds with even better customer serviceā€¦
Good luck on your finish and enjoy the fruits of your labor

3 Likes

@Brian from the net to the top of cola will be a full bud , and Iā€™m so proud of your success , you doing good and looking at about 10-14 ounces after harvest , but just smoke one bowl and wait to see how long of a high you get from just one bowl , which is very hard to do , if you ask majiktoker , Garrigan , Tlkbear , old goat , and quite few others that reach success . Now have you adjusted your light schedule yet and started extending your dark period so you pack the resin on them fat colas thatā€™s coming ?

So just so everything is clearā€¦

Run the CFLs for 16-18 hours until 4-5 nodes appear

Then switch over to 400w MH bulb for vegetation and have them up to 18-21 hours

Then once I force flowering, switch em over to 400w HPS bulb and have them on a 12 hour cycle

Yes for veg there are different schools of thought about hours of sleep for the plant 18-6 is my favorite schedule keep 18-6 when you use the MH bulb let her veg till sheā€™s half the size of your total hight because she will double in size first two weeks of flower which is called by most THE STRETCH and for good reason 12-12 HPS flower till the end or something I am going to try last two Week of flower 10 on 14 off I hear good things for boosted resin production
Hope this helps
Happy growing
B-

2 Likes

Funny you bring up light schedule Iā€™m thinking when Last two weeks or sooner Iā€™ve heard different thoughts but I trust you Iā€™ve got about 6 weeks left add one week as buffer what should be my plan

This Morning after watering

2 Likes

Do you think one week longer 12-12

Nice-looking plants! I donā€™t think youā€™re going to like 10/14, but everybody tries it eventually. Let us know how it works for youā€¦
-good luck!

1 Like

For sure I will keep everyone up to date and I just thought ID try it this is one big plant and my first of many to come
Making plans for second grow tent with KIND LED it is a costly endeavor but like Iā€™ve posted many times I want to try it all then go with what I feel is the best for me
Already started my next grow sheā€™s bag seed
Iā€™ve got her in 1.5 gal pot and LST for her sheā€™s a foot tall if wasnā€™t LST when gorilla glue is done sheā€™s going right into tent and flower

Very much appreciated man

1 Like

Why do you say you donā€™t think heā€™ll like it? Iā€™ve heard of going down to 8/16 the last week or two before harvest. Supposed to really make them plump up or something?

I trust the information I get here more than any other sources I have encountered before, so I ask as Iā€™m sure you have already experimented with this.

Does going less than 12hrs light diminish yield? Or lessen resin production?

Right now Iā€™m strictly outdoor. I figured I would read and learn as much as possible for a year and then try indoor. Hopefully that time frame will be long enough to get everything purchased and set up. (Iā€™m finding this is going to cost more than Iā€™d hoped.)

Thanks for all the help!

2 Likes

Intense light deminished resin trichomes , and the plant rebuilds the trichomes during the dark period . So the longer the dark period forces the plant into a kind of safe mode of a last ditch effort to build resin to catch male pollen to reproduce , but itā€™s been proven in labs that by extending the dark period thru the last 4 weeks of flower really pack on bigger buds and double the resin trichomes .

3 Likes

@yoshi - YouTube

Hi Ben I would try to get a bigger light than 150. Ideally you need a 600 ballast. I used a grow tent a metre square I bring my plant on with 250 in veg, and flower on 400. I have never used 600 as I only grow 4 plants per grow. Happy days.

1 Like

Ben, if you hit young plant with 400 you are asking for bother, let them glow with CFLs they are making roots and growing well, there is no need for big lights, itā€™s also expensive to run big light 18 hours a day. A tent is a great buy for in a spare room and keeps it private, mine is 4 foot square and I grow 4 plants, that picture up the post is a monster, I donā€™t think thatā€™s a newby growing that beast.

Hey guys Iā€™m very new to growing I got that plant Feb 2 she is a clone of gorilla glue this is my first grow I grow for my wife she has PTSD and it has costing me to much going to the club daily and the only experience Iā€™ve got is that plant I started with a few cfl lights added more till I got to 12 lights bought tent then the ballast and wing hood then centrifugal fan still building out my grow space and asking questions daily this forum is where I get all my info from great people like Yoshi ā€¦ That is why my plant is a beast

1 Like