Hows She Looking? 57 days old

How’s she looking? Do you see any place I’m lacking other than the not so good first attempt at LST?
In Miracle Grow Performance Organics
I have Fox Farms Trio and Cal-Mag + but give nutrients very, very sparingly since nutes in the MG.
I had a little PWM and a coupe of thrips as well as Fungus Gnats but Neem Oil seems to have cleared it up.
Should I defoliate a little more or let be for a while longer?
switched to 12-12 a week ago and white hairs making an appearance.
Sorry, I’m just buzzed and looking to discuss growing. Lol

3 Likes

She’s looking pretty good for all she has been through. Good idea with the going light on nutrients. As always with mg she is showing signs of high nitrogen. But not high enough to be an issue yet. Dark green and waxy fan leaves. First sign of too much N/nitrogen toxicity. Which is why the community as a whole doesn’t like mg. Very N heavy soil. I’m not familiar with their organic performance. Their regular organic is actually fine, it doesn’t feed any more/longer than fox farm soils. This is the first soil I’ve ever seen to claim to be both organic and feed for three months.

If I absolutely had no choice but mg. I’d use this one.

It’s about a ffof equivalent, only problem with that is that 8qt of this is about the same price as 2cu.ft. of ff soils… so it’s exceedingly over priced.

2cu.ft. is ~50 pints.

1 Like

Honestly I’d do water only till mid flower or she begins to show signs of def. Unless you monitor run off ppms. If I was forced into mg soil, I’d water it way more than I do other soils. And I wouldn’t add any nutrients untill I saw a deficiency starting

2 Likes

Thanks for the inspiring words.
I have Mother Earth Groundswell for my next grow. Any experience with that soil?

1 Like

I’ve only used FFHF and coco for mediums personally. But mother earth products where a close second when I decided on fox farms. Good cannabis soil brand.

2 Likes

It was out in the rain for the first 5 weeks and got a lot of water run through it so I’m hoping a lot of the nutrients were flushed early on.

Nice. yeah that seems to be the trick in mg. As to where your other medium is literally the opposite. It’s lighter than FFHF even. More like fflw

Short of the fertilizer this basically an innert medium. Which is way better than a hot medium. My coco grows are 100% coco. So 100% innert.

2 Likes

The hardware store down the street sells Mother Earth products so I’m thinking that’ll be the way to go .
my current grow is actually my first so a lot of learning happening here. I just threw a bag seed in some miracle grow and it took off like a beast and now I’m here. Been doing a lot of reading and videos so there’s plenty of information out there.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll be a pro in no time. Mother earth is an entire cannabis friendly product line. Unlike mg. Which to me was one of the most important things before I switched to coco. The reason I went with fox farms over mother is the lime levels and breeding colonies. I’ve built my soil up to where when I make my soil nutrients. I don’t even check the pH let alone adjust. I even feed with my coco nutrients sometimes when lazy. A good, happy, thriving rhizosphere will actually process down the nutrients to the point the roots aren’t even a little concerned about pH. Since the rhizosphere is doing all the breakdown. Of course if you highly acidic, alkaline or have too high salinity you will severely damage and or kill the rhizosphere over time. So I feed light and add colonies with tribus weekly. My grow style isn’t that common. A lot of people would tell you it doesn’t work. But it does. Trust that. Lol. Everyone has to find their own way.

2 Likes