Hows my roots, and is that frosted flakes?

I just realized ive never had anyone expercienced look over my roots. Going by picture comparisons, i think theyre doing great, but if someone could confirm or point out any potential issues that would be great. That way if something is wrong, i dont keep repeating the issue thinking its normal. And just as an fyi, the roots are kept consistently between 65-68 F

After youre done peeking under the hood, take a look below. I decided to bust out my otoscope, after i seen someone mention using them in another thread, to see what my main cola site looks like up close and personal…

I noticed some bling and is that the start of something frosty i see? :eyes::pray: Please say yes

3 Likes

I can’t see anything it’s blurry wipe the camera off

1 Like

@neofirebird would be your guy he grows some amazing ladies.

2 Likes

Ill trade again later. The scope aint great.

1 Like

Thanks @SilvaBack203 for you kind words… The roots look good - just stained at the top from nutrients looks like, no problem. Grow on!

3 Likes

Agreed. Looks like a couple thicker roots where the beginning of something may have been starting but got staved off. They’re in good shape!

2 Likes

I noticed something wierd today while changing my nutes out…the one on the left has been taller than the one on the right, but the one on the rights roots are quite a bit longer than the one on the left.

I know the one on the left got more light bc she was under the center of the light for the last 2 weeks, which explains the height difference, but i guess that doesnt correlate to root length.

Confusing but interesting.

2 Likes

Are they the same strain?

I have two plants of the same strain, one hydro and one in soil. The one in water is getting much bigger than the soil plant (well, it’s getting almost as big but is way younger) and they are under the exact same light. I expect they’ll do similar at the end of the run, but meanwhile I’ve got another plant of a diff strain also in hydro and it’s roots are MASSIVE but the plant is … 8-12” tall max. :rofl:

No correlation between root size and plant size I don’t think - or if there is, it’s strain dependent anyhow.

2 Likes

Same strain. I was told its russian x master kush og. I cant remember exactly, i just know those words were used, not sure about the order of them though :joy:

This is my first grow so i cant compare it to soil or anything, but she was at 37" when i bent her, and then she popped back up past 3’ again a few days later, and had to bend them both. Im pretty sure shed be close to 4’ if she hadnt been bent, and they germinated between 07/29 & 08/03 so they definitely grow fast in the water. Im actually doing an aero/hydro hybrid. Half the tank is open air that has misters that spray 1/5 min on/off, and the bottom half is nutes that the roots eventually reached.

From all the research ive done, i think the roots having so much access to oxygen has helped a lot.

2 Likes

Most certainly. My reservoir has a solid 3” air gap and I’ve got more air stones than I can count in the actual water. I didn’t want oxygen deprivation to be what stunted growth. Turns out it’s just my general ineptitude, right where I like it. :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol instead of ineptitude, it was your inner grower coming to life, and making calls you werent even aware of…haha At the end of the day, it got you where you needed to be.

Out of likes :sparkling_heart: but yeah, that’s the truth. I’ve had a black thumb my whole life, so having my first 3 plants make it from beginning to end is :fireworks: :star_struck:

1 Like