Hows it look and light question

Hi folks. First grow attempt ever: Down the rabbit hole
Seeds: ILGM White Widow Fem photos.
LIGHTING:
8: KB-QB288 with Lm301B Diodes and CREE XP-E2 660nm reds
4: HLG-240H-48B Mean Well drivers with dimmers.
temp: 72f to 75f
RH:78-80ish
distilled water
Medium: 10 rapid rooters in A dome of death and 3 straight to FFHF in solo cups, moist soil with distilled water and domes.

Well I soaked my first seeds a few days ago and then went into these rooter pods which I am now not a huge fan of.
I got the pods moist but not soaking. I have been spritzing the pods lightly just keeping them lightly moist when they start to feel like they have lost about 75% moisture.
I havent switched over to PHd water yet.

I got my first sprout over night and the other are trying to poke through.

Honestly I am shocked any have made it. Germination day was pure folly. Seeds got knocked on the floor, stepped on with bare feet, sucked up in a shop vac, lost in potting mix…pretty much the complete opposite of how I pictured it going or had planned out but all seeds are accounted for.

How does this sprout look?

I was wondering if I should get light on them now? If so what wattage or lux at what height.
my lights are on a potentiometer so I can adjust them from 19w to about 260w.
I can raise and lower them and the table they are sitting on.

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Definitely ready for some light.

1 Like

I forgot to add they are on heat mats with temp controls.

Adding light should perk it right up.

1 Like

I have., 34w@2ft . -It seems to be opening up right up.

1 Like

Good deal, you are on your way. So what soil and lights are you planning to use?

1 Like

8: KB-QB288 with Lm301B Diodes and CREE XP-E2 660nm reds
4: HLG-240H-48B Mean Well drivers with dimmers.

fox farms Happy frog and ocean forest. 5g fabric pots.everything I have is in the link to my planning a successful beginning post. heres the link Down the rabbit hole - #17 by Jackie_Daytona
thanks for looking and the help.

OK looks good. Sorry I did read that I just jump around so many posts I forget.

1 Like

Looking much better now.

1 Like

Very nice.

If the seed husk ( or whatever it is called )doesnt fall off you can carefully remove it. I use my thumb nails carefully pulling it in half splitting it off the plant if that makes sense.

1 Like

1 Like

I put a tiny drop of water on the back side of the seed and nudged it with some very small forceps and it fell right off.

1 Like

No lights are suggested until the seedlings have germinated

1 Like

I run my lights on when I drop in soil.

1 Like

Well the ladies are up and going for it for the most part. Out of 13 so far i have had one KIA that i dropped and stepped prior to germination. It just turned to mush when i tried to germinate it. And one Quasimodo looking sprout that probably wont live long either. (edit: just noticed it had a helmet so i twezed it off and it looks like a normal sprout).

They got the jump on me and I don’t think i had intense enough light on them in the beginning so now i have some stretch going on.

I’ve got them under one of 4 KB-QB288 HLG-240H-48B with dimmer.

I upped the juice from 35w at 18 inches the first day to 130w @18" last night. according to the chart for the board thats roughly 368 ppfd diminishing farther from center. I absolutely could be wrong. They still looked pretty leggy around 10am so I upped the juice to 162w@18 but now im seeing some yellowing and dialed it back. I was concerned about the cotyledon curling under but the larger plant seem to be picking up and now the discoloration.
Soil was just barely moist and keeping them under domes with a light mist of phd water sprayed into the dome.

Might wanna lower the light a bit got some stretch

1 Like

how about that yellowing

they’re in happy frog with added perlite. lightly moistened and i mean really light. It already had moisture coming out of the bag.

1 Like

Give it a day or so and see if it goes away.

will do. i put the lights back to 130w and lowered them to 16"

1 Like