How to water a Jiffy Pellet from a PotforPot

I moved my soaked seed to a jiffy pellet yesterday and now I need a little help on how to water the jiffy pellet. And how much… and how often.

Probably will be fine for a week or two after the first watering. Those things hold on to water.

1 Like

I watered using the spray bottle very lightly about every 3-4 days. I’m also a rookie so don’t take anything I say to the bank. I also cut off the wrap around it when transplanting so roots would be less restricted.

1 Like

Moist not saturated.

1 Like

Ok…, next question. It looks like she wants to pop out. Looks like the dark part is coming out, not the lighter part. Is that normal?

Looks normal from here.

1 Like

It still is not going vertical. Looks like it wants to duck and cover.

Give it a couple more days, it’ll pop out those first leaves. I can see it’s opening on the end.

1 Like

What a difference a couple hours outside makes. It looks like the shell kept it down and is still on it. Should I leave it on

or try to knock it off?

I would use some tweezers if you can.

Used a little water and a tooth pick. Two hours later and I have this.

Next crisis…, now it looks like its growing horizontal. I had to push down on one side to get the leaves off the dirt. Any advice?

It’ll head towards the light, just give it a day. Tropism will happen.

Now I had to put toothpicks in the soil to hold it up. It flops over without them. Will it become strong enough on its own soon?

Yes as soon the root goes down a bit more.