How to use the Marijuana Booster Nutrient System

Wow Mac you are very knowledge!!! But bro sorry I was asking about how many times at week I have to use this product, like one time at week or more? it’s because I don’t know how it use it… But bro thanks for all this information it was awesome!!! And thanks for sharing man you are the best!

I personally have no experience with it yet and so I can’t say, the description above explains how to tell when to add just water, or water mixed with nutrients.

As I said above, lets say the recommended dose as per instructions on the bottle gets you to 1.2 EC in your soil, as described on the nutrient feeding schedule. Or at least that is what the EC will be when you mix it with pure near zero EC/TDS/PPM water, like R/O, demineralized, deionized or distilled water.

You pour water and nutrient mixture into your pot and a little comes out the bottom. Assuming your soil had little to no nutrients to begin with, the soil may very well keep most of the nutrients and the EC of the water coming out the bottom will likely be lower than what went in.

There would be 2 ways you could then decide when it is time to add a mixture of water and nutrient, or just water only the next time it is time to water.

One would be to use something to measure the nutrients building up in the soil by monitoring the run-off as described above, like an EC or TDS meter. They do make soil fertility probes that do something similar and you can just poke it in the soil to give you an idea of what is building up.

The other would be to set up a schedule, where every other watering, or maybe less frequently, you give the nutrient mix, so maybe every 3rd watering or more you give the feeding mixture. You keep an eye on the plant’s leaves and they tell you if they need more or less nutrients, they will not be dark green enough if not getting enough, and if too much is building up in the soil, the tips of the leaves may show some yellow/browning, and then you need to cut back and water only the next few times.

MacG

1 Like

Also, if you are wondering, “well how many times should I be watering per week”, I mentioned that above as well, about how to check, by weight when it is time to water again. And I can’t tell you how often, because that will vary greatly depending on numerous factors, like what type of soil mixture and its water retaining properties, as well as how big the containers are, and also how big the plants are and what stage of development. This will all greatly change how quickly the pot will dry out as the plant will use drastically different amount of water depending on its size and the period of growth, flowering can use different amounts of water than veg, for example.

~MacG

And how many times do you use your booster’s nutrients per week approx bro? 2, 3 or more?

That would all depend on what the plant needs. Maybe only every other week, it might take a week before the soil is dry enough to water again. This is true for the booster, this is true for any nutrient mixture.

And it could also depend on the strength or concentration you are making. You could mix half strength, a EC 0.6 and feed twice as often.

It depends on what is building up in your soil.

1 Like

Thnx Much Claire,

I was starting to wonder if the secret formula was creating a secret schedule too - LOL :smile: With the basics now revealed,… (and graph schedule copied to my desktop) - I’m now certainly willing to order up a kit n try this out - haven’t gone wrong as yet with ILGM. Great ppl - great website - great advice… Cheers!

@nugnoid,

Be sure to check out Latewood’s additional info on the Marijuana Booster system:

~MacG

MacGyverStoner, I have a question that is off subject here but here it is anyway. I just started using Roberts nutrients. When I mixed 3.78 ml in one gallon of water (equivalent to 10 ml/10 liters of water) my ppm reading was 150 and the EC was 50. This was water that was Phed to 6.4. That 3.78 ml is the least amount indicated in the instructions but it seems that the reading’s should be greater. What should I expect these readings to be? Thanks for your help. Keep it green.

I moved your comment/question to the proper topic thread.

I personally have not been able to get my hands on the booster. I’m here in the states and I’m sure the shipping on bottles filled with liquid are not cheap to ship and I haven’t had any sent to me to try out yet.

@latewood has used it, so I’ll tag him to this conversation so he can add his thoughts.

However, if you notice in the schedule a 1.2 EC is desired, this should be about 600ppm in the 0.50 NaCl conversion.

I’m confused about your EC? I assume you mean a EC of 0.50 would be 250ppm in the 0.50 NaCl conversion or 320ppm in the 0.64 conversion and 350ppm in the 0.7 conversion. An EC of 0.2-0.3 would be about 150 PPM depending on the conversion. EC is always the same and always means the same thing.

An actual EC of 50 would be as high as 25,000 or higher ppm, depending on the conversion factor.

Anyway, this is not necessarily important to the main thing, which is why does your mix seem so much lower than 1.2 EC?

Well, from what I understood from a conversation with Robert and Dennis a long time ago, you can use the booster with tap water with maybe as high as 150 ppm/0.3EC, but not much higher (I always use the standard USA 0.5 NaCL conversion). Ideally the less ppm in the starting water, the better, and the more control you have, you know you don’t maybe have way too much sodium, calcium or iron in your water, which might cause problems in the long run. And so I am assuming, maybe at least 150ppm/0.3EC of the 1.2 EC is from the tap water. But either way, the EC is the better measurement, as because it is a liquid, if some evaporates, then that ml measurement might be more concentrated. And so, in the end, despite what the ml measurements result in, always verify and make sure the EC in the end is correct.

Happy Growing,

MacG

1 Like

Hi Mac, I have just received my food and watering schedule and it differs from the one posted here.At week 2 in bloom the schedule says 10ml of grow and 5ml of bud booster. at week 5 of bloom the schedule says 10ml bud booster and 5ml of thc booster. Do I use schedule I received as its more up to date or go with the one on the site?. I also noted that it took 4 times as much grow booster to get EC of 1.2. Thanks for all your help.

Take care.

David.

how many weeks for growth 18/6 period ?

How many weeks of vegetative growth under the 18/6 cycle depends on how big you want the plant to get before you flower it.

happy growing,

MacG

1 Like

big plant is big buds ? OR isnt it true ?

Yes, big plant, big roots, big buds.

Growing conditions, growers skills, genetics, nutrients…they help

is it eligible for autoflowering seeds too?

2 Likes

What is your question?

Hi, My chart is different from yours. I did ask a couple of days ago which chart I should use, no answer so far. Which chart should I use?. Thanks for your help.

Take care.

David.

lol sorry bad english…Can i increase vegetative growth to get big plant for autoflowers ?

My understanding of autos…their vegetative and flowering stages are decided by genetics not a 12/12 light schedule…

So it is up to you, the grower, to get it to that point as a strong, healthy plant.
Supply the best environment and proper nutrition so that when the plant decides to flower, it has the best chance to grow big buds.

If you grow something besides an auto, and if it hasn’t grown large enough for you, you can extend the vegetative stage…an option not available with an auto.