How to use coco ,,,I'm out of soil! Lol

Here is my problem, I have 6 ilgm critical mass(auto) seeds that have been in water and all 6 have started opening( thanks ilgm seeds, 6for6 ain’t to shabby).
PROBLEM:…I got just NOT enough ffof soil to pot them all.
I do have enough coco coir to do a couple, or maybe one and mix one w ffof.
I have no idea how to “load that soil”
I just got a kit from jacks, “pure and simple”…would loading the coco be as simple as watering it down with full strength nutes?,I’m dropping a disk with the seedlings in my pots, so it will be a bit before my plant gets into my soil…hell one plant experiment with coco might be ok. I’ll be using distilled or rainwater.
Anybody got advice?

Yes, this is exactly it. Be sure to ph 5.8. Distilled rain water should be fine, but just check.

3 Likes

I went to coco for my second grow. Grew in FFOF on first grow. Had plenty of problems along the way. After reading and watching other grows in coco is why I decided on coco for my second grow. However, depending on the coco you already have it may or may not need to be buffered. Adding perlite is also something you will need to decide on when potting up your coco. If you decide to go that route, coco, make sure of whether or not you need to buffer. It is very important.

1 Like

You could start them in solo cups with the hf then you will have about 2 weeks to get more and pot up. With the coco when they get bigger you will be watering every day, not to mention having to mix 2 different ph’s

2 Likes

Doing 2 different phs isn’t that hard if your water source stays the same , especially if you’re working with jacks 321 , you measure exactly how many drops it takes to get to each ph and keep that list on hand

2 Likes

True, the jacks is easy. I never have to ph up or down anymore. Just a little spring water and full strength jacks per gallon of ro and it’s usually dead nutz

1 Like

I use a 70/30 mix of coco and perlite. @trj7714
I would like to suggest reading @Hellraiser threads.

2 Likes