How to use 600w led first time

Snapped ? Did the fused blow in the ballast are did you over power your circuit . I run my CFM fans direct from a wall outlet and I run my lights in a timer on an industrial power switch that’s regulated for high output wattage . But I’m not understanding what snapped ?

1 Like

Something close to the ballast block pretty heave chunk off iron cables and more and saw a blue spark flash out off it when e plugged my led in snd the mh light fell out imedeatly… so i think or the ballast or the bulb is dead cuzz all other equipments in same power circuit are dling fine soo and slso i have only 5 pots off bigbud xl auto and i really dont have much space to add the mh sgain my electricity will go through the roof… butt im gonna buy another 600watter led to add with thd other ond is 2x600watts led then should be enough for 5 plants autoflower bigbud xls right brother??? @yoshi

2 Likes

2 would be great but you can get by with 1 I’m glad you decided to stick with it. I have a900w viparspectra and 300w they work great. If you are growing autos they like intense light. So what I suggest is put your light at 36 and put both switches on this will also help with temps. Once they start reaching lower light until the leaves are flat. Watch the soil this time if the leaves start to get burnt don’t give up this time. All you need to do is flush pH water through it until it has very little fertilizer in it. Stick with it and we are here to help.

1 Like

Sounds like you plugged the ballast into a power circuit strip plug and when you plugged in the led it over circuit the strip and cause a arc flash . Matt never plug a ballast into any kind of extension cord , power strip are anything , always plug a ballast straight into the wall socket . That’s extremely to much power drawing electricity for wattage power to be plugged in any other supplemental electricity device are extension cord . Man if it didn’t blow it could of over heated and burned your house down , dangerous . But if you get another ballast. Remember the 3 prongs on the plug means it’s not suppose to be plug in anything except a wall socket outlet only are it can cause a electrical fire .

1 Like

Ohhh ok that shouldve been the thing that happened yoshh cuzz i putt the led into a extension cable that comes out of the timer that is plugged into the walls socket so the other end off cable is a casing with 5plugs and i putted the ballast snd led into the same cuzz i was thinking a 600watt led would not use more then a smartphone charger…WAS i thinking…idiot i am lol now you said it like that i realize it was stupid thing to do but anyway imma go with the leds only gonna put thfmon 36 like umcjojo is advising me and also both switches on except the growswitch only but im little bit scared if i put both switchrs grow&bloom on that my lighting will become an issue just like a had loads off crap due to i used hps 600w for instead of mh so they grew butt not healthy and fast enough so little bit scared to set both switches on on the other side like umcjojo says would be good for temps in growroom. Cones still on my girls mist ghem a time or 3 a day humidifier works humid upto 65% and ph runoff is 6.5 now so and my soil is way less hotter then the other i used wich caused 18autos to slowly die and even discovered whdn i took them out of growroom abd study’d the plants i noticed all of their roots were gone!burned away by way to hot off a soil for mature plants!crazy right no roots!still were standing up these crazy plsnts lol i loce them so we’ll see with this one i hope it goes better now got the ph al right now cuzz discovered sswell previous grow had a old ph meter wich wasnt working proper without me knowing while i already transplanted in too hot soil i slso was giving them water with ph :8 to 9 so thats really messed up right… now i have ph up nd down also so should help me through thid grow right? @yoshi @Usmcjojo

2 Likes

Yeah I got you don’t worry about the temps they don’t get hot so they won’t burn your roots the intensity of the light will burn the tips if it’s to close. That’s why I said 36 to start off with. The heat will be the same as a high powered computer. I have seedlings under a viparspectra 900w and 300w combined I just keep them 36 from the light then I adjust as they grow. Keep your pH 6.5 to 6.8 and remember just because that’s what you put in your soil doesn’t mean that’s what your soil is doing always check your runoff pH.

2 Likes

Just to be sure if you talk about runoff then you actually mean the water that comes out off the soil and pot when you water it and you catch that water up that came out the pot and test its ph value right?? So now i have lil seedlings ill show em after the text part lol they are very small butt now 4 days old under the cones air is circulating good humidity between 60 and 80% temps at 21.5°c and a lightcycle off 18h light 6h dark. But actually at this point when i water them i dont have a runoff they are now in 4liter pots not to big not to small and gonna keep m in there their whole life i water most off all 1the cones 4times a dai inside ofcourse 2 i mist the soil around stem pretty good and 3 since k planted them i used then 6.6ph and its now day 3 their in their pots and soil feels nicely most during whole day cuzz was advised to keep the humid up pretty high 4 the girls . So then my question to you is should i start giving water more heavily and use additives for root support an start watering with 20% runoff catch that 20% up and meisure it with my ph-meter??always having doubts about my watering style always have the feeling off giving to much to little with that previous grow so much did go wrong and killed them al 18 beauties and now i have doubts always when i water…and also how much to water a day or so?? Can you help me out with that bro would apreciate that very much…my lil ladies upstairs and my daughter by my side is what keeping my up since me and my wife split up 2days ago…hard times… @Usmcjojo

1 Like

Your doing great that is exactly what I mean by run off but don’t worry about that now keep misting you shouldn’t need to actually water until it starts getting it’s real leaves. Even then just a splash not much when it gets to about 5 sets of true leaves then you can give it about 1cup as it gets older gradually increase the water but always allowing soil to dry out some in between. If when it gets it’s real leaves you noticeany discoloration or spots let us know we will let you know if you need to stop watering or you need to flush if your leave look burnt then water to runoff and check your pH and ppm. Don’t add any nutrients your soil has plenty of charge for at least 1 month.

Ok thanks a lot my friend i realy apreciate your help all off you guys @Usmcjojo i just wanted to let you know bro i had 2x cfl also with 23true watts 110watts for human eyes i added them aswel and look temps now 24°c so looking good right thanks again bro heres some pic

3 Likes

WHAAAAT THAAAA FAAAAACCCKKK look wath i found today just besides the growroomin myn garbage bag were u dump oldsoil and stuff :scream::scream::scream:

that was off the previous grow powerplant auto and SHE WAS BURRYD :scream::scream::scream: CAME BACK FROM UNDER THE GROUND IN CRAZY HOT SOIL HOW THIS POSSIBLE…?
GUYS…???

5 Likes

The will to live is strong in that one

5 Likes

She wasn’t ready to give up on you bro
I’d repot her and see what she does just for the hell of it she seems to be from strong genetic line lmao
So cool :sunglasses::v:

5 Likes

Crazy right lmfaooo shes been like 6days under f’ing crazy hot soil hahahaha what a survivor luckily i have good soil know and the lump off soil on its roots is small so thf hot earth gonna fade away soon and luckily i filled 1 pot already with good soil just in case when i get home ill be transplanting her when dark cycle pops in so she has 6hours off rest till light cycle popd back on ill let yall know tonight how she does after trsnsplant and back my story up with some nice pics greetings from a fellow grower happy grow everybody!!

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Nug-bug hey you guys look at this crazy picture this is the powerplant i think that was burried for like 6days came out of the bodem in garbage soil i dumped in a bag! Talkin bout wanna live lmfao lol

4 Likes

She’s looking a little bit ruff but she’s alive so just do your best to give her what she needs and see what happens don’t be surprised if a few leave yellow and die but if new grow starts to should I would think she’s survive

2 Likes

Ok gunna do that bro lol ill keep you updated with pics and text thanks again for advising me!

2 Likes

My worst looking seedling is one of my better plants now. Go figure… You might have a gem in the making.

1 Like

What means go figure??do you mean to search the garbage soil iff others survived or what i dont understand…

He means don’t be surprised if it turns out to be a good plant

3 Likes

@Oldstoner thanks for translating what he said im a belgian guy so i have a good excuse right lol

4 Likes