How to use 600w led first time

Hey guys got my 600watts led from viparspectra can somebody help me with how much distance i should use between led and plants??gonna put the grow button on starting a new grow with this time seedling soil 6x bigbud auto is already germd greetings

1 Like

Started mine with a 450 watt at about 25 inches and they love it . Then start lowering a little at a time till they get to 18

2 Likes

I would check the manual, mine say’s to start at something like 36" and work it down over 2 weeks.

1 Like

Dry run to test this stuff looks promising but we’'ll see ph 6.6 temp on pic humid on pic 2blowing fans seedling soil 12-12-12 lowest i could find in belgium without hqving to wait after holidays… no humidifier yet 50% is enough for now ledlight is ViparSpectra 600Watt now standing on grow switch at a distance off 22.5 inches awai from pots(no seeds yet doing that later if everything runs smooth) also suction pump and carbfilter + extra bio bucket to give the lil ones somd extra co2 only during daytemps gonna set it in at an 18light 6dark. What yall think runoff is 6.6ph

and no more mh lights cuzz theze lights and ballasts were eating the shit out off all other things inside growroom everythings works at only 50%power with the halides on… sooo hqve no other choice for now butt ill be adding another viparspectra 600watts led if needed in following weeks. Here some bigbuds xl autoflowers now 2 days in wet papers lol

4 Likes

Hey guys just read myself into gerltechniques to make strong seedlings… i saw the theorid with the cones over the pots and i thought why not give it a try what do you think off this should i keep thd cones on or not?? Hope to get some strong advice…

they are planted now everything works well and humidity is good just need to get the temp zll little pinch up so hope this gona work better then the previous grow that didnt worked out…

2 Likes

Hey bud I started mine at about 36 inches and did the same as @Oldstoner
Lowered it until I found the sweet spot I also had to raise it once got to close
Watch your plants if you stretch your to far away bring them closer

2 Likes

And was yours qlso 600watts cuzz oldstoner speaks off a 450 and i hsve a 600watts just curious iff that mzkes a difference @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

No sir I am using (3) 300 watt led lights :+1:
which can burn from light intensity not heat

1 Like

Better to start high you can always move closer
You have a nice light there and I think you will be happy with it once you have worked with it a bit

2 Likes

I hang it up now at 36 so should be better now but what you think about the cones should i do that or not? @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

I would leave them on while your germinating they will keep soil moist for your young ones and seedlings like it a bit more humid I believe somewhere around 80% if I remember correctly
So yeah use them :+1:
I would take them off once plant :seedling: is around 2" or so but that’s me :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok thanks bro for the advice! Butt i have 1 more question iff my temp is between 20°c and 23°c is that high enough or not?greetings fellow growers

1 Like

No problem buddy
Yeah 23c is about 72ish so yeah I think your ok if you could get it up a couple 2or3 degrees I would but don’t think it’s a problem
My tent runs around 70 to 75 f :+1:
You could put heating mat under the pots to help keep soil warm while germinating

3 Likes

So dont use a stove that blows out warm heat even if its a light one?? @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Down load a light meter app in your smart phone , than go read Roberts blog on light intensity for seedlings which is less than 10,000 I believe and set lights to that intensity might help are just go off instinct to manual instruction cause each light has a different output of light intensity . But 26 inches to 36 will help your seeds stretch from germination and turn your light on full power . Once the seeds pop up and get they first set of leaves than lower light to about 16-20 inches with just tell veg switch on only . Hope this helps !

1 Like

Not sure what type of heater your talking about
I only use a small oil filled electric heater in my tent :tent:
I don’t trust anything that you can see glowing elements
Take a picture of your heater bro
I would only recommend you use it if it’s safe to do so ( no risk of fire )

This is what I use bro and I maintain 75 degrees f day time and 70 F at night
And @yoshi made a great recommendation :+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys its a very weak heater it only takes temp up to couple of degrees its like you can use in your bathroom butt ill get yall a pumicture tomorrow im off to bed now lol thanks @yoshi @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Anytime bro hope you have a good experience this time
Get some sleep :sleeping:
And Merry Christmas to you and your family my man :v::ok_hand::+1::sunglasses:

@Matt-auto this why I told you it might do you some good to run HPS with Led together , especially if you cannot control temps naturally in grow space . In my lil home tent which is a 2x2x5 tent that I pump over 400 watts of Led into I can control temps with just my central air and heat unit in the house . Now if you growing in a basement or shed in cold Temperture climates than HPS is your friend in this case cause of heat output . Running led with it than you get some of the benefits of led quality spectrum with HPS together I think is phonemonal .

2 Likes

Hey yoshi i hear what you sayin butt had some issues last night when i get in the growroom that is upstairs not in basement so you know and problem was actually because my hps that stopped when previous grow went wrong butt the growroom gets about 18°c at its coldest thats when power pops off butt most of times it stays around 20°c with the light back on it gets to 23°c - 24°c so thats not that big of a worry to me but lastnight i set the power off for darktime and this morning when lights shouldve popped on the hps snapped an dont do nothing no more and my leds does dunno why cuzz i should have enough power for both… i hope i get temps in a normal way so i can run the led only for grow… and with the flowerperiod at 1 week away imma add another 600watt led so whats your thoughts on that brother?? @yoshi