How to train white widow autoflower

hi! im a first time grower in need of assistance. i am currently growing a single white widow autoflower and am very confused on how to train it, when to train it, and if training is a good idea at all! my plant first sprouted 15 days ago (on 09/09/2020). i cant figure out how to upload a photo from my mac but please help me!!

1 Like

Welcome to this awesome community. All you should do with autos is low strength training as soon as a node gets long enough to reach the edge tie some twine under the branching node and it tightly to the side of the pot ,i use a tight ring of twine to anchor, then keep doing that every other node in a spiral around the pot, some use tape but I don’t trust tape to hold and thatll keep them nice and low like these

2 Likes

this is where she’s at now

1 Like

and thank you for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like a sativa dominant if shes stays that bushy ( like my Jack herer on the left) you may not need to lst

1 Like

thank you!! and your plants are beautiful

1 Like

Thanks I messed up their first 3 weeks so bad since its my 1st grow but they bounced back beautifully, I can already tell yours is gonna be a giant :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. You can use binder clips too.

1 Like

I just lst, I tie it off with a pipe cleaner a different direction every other day. I like to start mine about the time the canopy is about the size of the pot it is in.

1 Like

White widow is a great strain to start with. A few of the first widows.

1 Like

did you do any training?

1 Like

Yes just basic lst. To fill in the plants and thicken them up. In the last pic you can still see the pipe cleaner.

1 Like

Just to be clear to a indoor/autoflower newb…this whole training thing…is this just one plant you’re training or multiple plants per pot?

Thanks!

just one plant

1 Like

Lst is just pulling the top to the side to allow light to reach the bud sites blocked by the main cola.

2 Likes

Gotcha…thank you both!

2 Likes

Anytime…

heres one i did, once you tie it down leave it that position, as the lower branchs grow up u can tie those down till the canape is full

1 Like

So I tried binder clips and I must admit it is slightly easier and doesn’t scrunch up the fabric

1 Like