How to test humidity in jars

May have jarred to early need to figure that out somehow.Sorta has a hay smell

Sounds too dry, boveda pack will bring your humidity back up. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ll order some now .which one should I get

@Thumper1. Most do the 62% version for long term.
They do have some at 55%
I’ve found that the 62 is just a touch more moist than I like for smoking.
A 58 % would be just about right for me.

4 Likes

I have 62%, 60g packs. I use these hygrometers to monitor my humidity and the boveda packs to raise it if it’s too low

1 Like

Adding these to your jars will help. I run them in 90% of mine and move them around as necessary.

https://smile.amazon.com/Veanic-Electronic-Temperature-Thermometer-Hygrometer/dp/B07GNMKYCZ/?tag=greenrel-20

6 Likes

Thank guys working on humidity problem it’s 35.

3 Likes

You can always add a trimmed leaf In the jar You’ll be surprised how much it’ll bring the humidity Level up. Just drop your little mini. Hydrometer to monitor in the jar with it. I started out by just adding about 3 fingers off of a leaf .

3 Likes

Thank you another learning process.

3 Likes

@kellydans another top tip about the leaf. It’s the little things, the little life hacks that I like. This forum is full of them :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I put these in my jars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0140UC9XQ

What do u think about using the Boveda bags in jars?

I use the 62% Boveda packs for curing and storage.

1 Like

If my humidity is too low I stick one in for a day and monitor it. I get to 62% for a few hours and it’s out of there, back in a ziplock bag and I monitor again make sure its stable

3 Likes

I do the same, when I put them in jars I burp for 2 weeks then store with 62%B packs

2 Likes

Fan leaves will definitely do the trick. Dried mine to 55%. It turned into powder in my grinder. I added 3 fan leaves to two ounces. 12 hours later I was at 61%. Perfect. I heard boveda packs can rob your taste. Anyone have any experience?

3 Likes

The buds have to be dried and cured before putting in the boveda packs or you can get an off taste. :v::sunglasses:
And happy b day @Medicated1. :+1::wink:

4 Likes