How to tell when plant is ready to be cut down

Magic Mellon day 74 me & my partner are having a big disagreement on when to pull the plant…first time growing for both of us…i think it’s ready he said he doesn’t…neither of us have any experience to go off of but I don’t want to over due it we have a jeweler loop but as I stated I think it’s done he think it isn’t

3 Likes

We would need a closeup to see the trichomes but from a distance it certainly looks ready to me.

Are the buds dense and solid or more airy? They are certainly bigin’s.

3 Likes

They are very solid especially the main kola,

3 Likes

I don’t know if I can get a better pic then these but I’m in charge of growing & he is in charge of the cure process…we don’t know what to really look for but I feel as if we are going to burn the plant up

1 Like

I think you are in that boarder line area… without seeing a super closeup I would say chop in the next few days. It does depend upon what effects you are going for. Longer will produce more of a “couch lock” high and now would be more of an “active” high.

Others may have other ideas, let’s get a few of them in on this…
@dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Holmes @Nicky @imSICKkid

2 Likes

Thank you!! I’ll try to get better pictures & more infor but again thanks, i started a flush on it 10 days ago just straight water…he doesn’t know I started the flush 10days ago because I really believe it’s almost done…

3 Likes

I really believe you are correct…

2 Likes

@merlin44 is right you appear to be in the “window” to harvest! If you do not have a way to get a closeup of trichomes, you can take a real closeup of a bud like the one above, make sure to do so with flash or natural(soft white) light, then post only one pic in a post(this lets us enlarge it more without saving to our device) and maybe we can tell more. Very nice looking bud! Welcome to ILGM forum…ifuluvbud…uwillluvithere :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Holmes thank you!!! I’ll post one soon, he said All the hairs should be amber & curled…I’ve been actually growing the plants he just stops by here & there to see what’s up I don’t want all my hard work to go down the drain because i didnt go with my gut

2 Likes

I’d be cutting that girl down if it were my plant.

2 Likes

Me too, maybe a few days ago even

1 Like

It wouldn’t be a critically wrong to chop it.
The bed t way to determine is with a cheap amazon microscope, they are virtually all the same so get any one of them.

Once you have it you can take pictures and get a much much better look vs a loup, those pictures can be uploaded here and we can help train your eye to what to look for.

As said above the effect your looking for will dictate when to harvest.

1 Like