How to Tell the ACTUAL Wattage of your lights?

Not familiar but the Samsung diodes and mean well driver are a huge plus!

3 Likes

So your recommendation is the 650R i guess looking at the price and what I have invested already it looks like it would help me out. The girls are doing great in my eyes, but there is always room for improvement. Im using 4 of these

and my center is this light

1 Like

Okay I guess this is the route to take, there are a lot of choices but I’m not sure so I will go on your recommendation and it will be here Tuesday. Thanks for your input @Jimtroutbum.

This is the question that matters. Lighting indoors should be less about plant counts and more about watts per ft ².

With blurple, Ideally you want around 50 watts per ft ². So in a 2x2 tent, 200w. In a 3x3, 450w.

With newer tech leds, its more like 35w per ft ²

3 Likes

Just seen some sales ads for the hlg scorpion I believe it was $799 while supplies last that’s a pretty sweet deal just my thought

4 Likes

My bad it was 899

Story of my life

1 Like

@Jimtroutbum Okay i found a couple of wattage meters to see whats up, my 5 lights are drawing 1000watts when on, 3 on left

2 on the right

I have approximately 24sq ft that Im flowering in. I purchased the HLG650R Like was suggested hopefully that will work just as good if not better.

2 Likes

3 Likes

There are several good lights out there that match or beat HLG but add in the service and HLG gets an edge. Cali lightworks are great. I have bought some offbrand with 301b that were oustanding but need to research the boards. In the end you need to be happy. I also suggest just getting as big as can afford and quality first. As you grow bigger the light can just be turned up. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Thats the exact light i was using on my last grow. I had 2 ponied tigether in the 2x4. Honestly they were not all that bad fir 100 bucks

2 Likes

Okay for all the input and suggestions I have gone from 5 burple lights pushing 1000watts on 24 squareft. According to my little devices i purchased again on directions from this great information hub.

Now my HLG650R has arrived and in place,

I miss the purple glow but thats not what is needed from what i have gathered. Maybe trying to have to many going :upside_down_face: not sure. @Underthestairs @JJ520 @Jimtroutbum @Storm @PurpNGold74 @JaneQP i think i did the tagging right thanks everyone i can only hope for the better lighting to make a difference.

4 Likes

Don’t get us wrong… people grew good bud with blurples. But that’s a nice light. They’ll love the better spectrum. You’ll love the higher efficiency.

2 Likes

Looks good may need to be a little higher to get a little more light spread sides look a little shadows just my thoughts :v:

1 Like

@JJ520 I know my problem is I already had to modify the lanyards to keep it higher it’s at it’s highest, my area my room is in is against the ceiling already I think I can make it closer but it also says there’s a distance required from the ceiling. Lights off now tomorrow is another adventure.

2 Likes

Youll love it! Happy growing!

1 Like

I would have personally went with the hlg scorpion diablo, i believe it would give you a bigger light footprint and you could run it waaayyyyy closer to your canopy . I run one in my 4x4 and its total overkill but in your space you could have benefited from the extra light coverage. The 650 still a killer light tho but for the price difference and with the space you have would have went with 2 scorpion diablos to really utilize that area

2 Likes

Update 70034.420 the new glow is interesting i have an exhaust and intake system that coincides with each other and i know my last couple of days haven’t been 90 like the other day, i think it might have snowed. Anyways the temp is completely different i lowered the temp just to circulate some fresh air, at 78 the temp took an hr or more to rise enough to run. Note new HLG650R is doing things i didnt expect girls seem to like the change. 75degrees upper level 51percent humidity, lower level 71degrees 61percent humidity they were fed yesterday so my humidity is up some but all seems to be going good. Maybe hopefully my electricity will change only need to run minimal equipment.

4 Likes

Looking good glad you’re enjoying your new light

2 Likes

Is it possibly that my light change from the purple to the HGL 650R could effect my ladys that are in their final stages, it looked like my SS photo is spouting some new greens on her top

1 Like