How to switch light times

Currently running my lights from 8am till 8pm and I wanna switch so lights are on at night instead of daytime. Will it screw up my flowing cycle??

Probably not if you do it gently ( back wards would probably be better since they’ll just lose 1 hour of rest a day) starting 7 to 7 then 6 to 6 etc

I just do it. Leave them in a really long dark period, until the correct light cycle is on, they’ll adjust.

6 Likes

what covert says, its the dark cycle you want, just make sure they get the 12 or more hours of darkness

During the light cycle, any reason to set your lights out time at any certain part of day or night. In this case, it will be with autos, which I know is not as critical as photo. Im thinking about when I want my cycle in relation to any training ill do etc. Like most of the time, my handling of the lady’s will be in the late afternoon. @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @Hellraiser. Lamp alert, my Hlg350r scheduled to arrive today!!

2 Likes

This depends on your area. Cooler nights help with better temperatures during the day. You could schedule lights on during the night if you have hot temps during the day.
The time off or on, doesn’t matter. Just in general.

3 Likes

I try to run my dark period during warmest part of day during summer months. That is also usually peak electrical cost, so can be some cost savings to running lights at night.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly. On way to post office to pick up new lamp!

Successful mission!

4 Likes

Sweet, hope you love it!

3 Likes

Pretty sure I will. More importantly, hope the girls love it!!

3 Likes

You’re going to grow pounds!

4 Likes