How to shorten hanging cables

I decided to use my tent instead of the closet I was using. Hung my new light in it, and I’m losing a lot of light height due to the long hanging cables. Any ideas on how to maximize the height? Like where I can buy shorter cables, or any other ideas?

1 Like

I see 2 cables on each side use one cable on each end Loop it from side to side you should gain quite a bit.

3 Likes

replace your cables with zip ties , works in my 3x3 tent

2 Likes

I just attach the ratchet to my light like @anon72256435 said you could remove the carabiners and use zip ties

If the cables are long enough, thread them first through the opposite side then up. This keeps the four contact points and you don’t have to worry about the light slipping to one side if you touch it.

4 Likes

@Dexterado

picture one cable loop from side to side.

3 Likes

Here’s my fix

4 Likes

Damn @beardless that looks like a F ing Picaso!

1 Like

I like this. Think I’ll try it.

@Dexterado I keep them doubled up for extra strength don’t want anything falling :v:

2 Likes

@Audiofreak It reminded me of stick figure death theatre! Where’s the blood around the figure getting stepped on? LOL!

1 Like

Is that a person on a skate board? :rofl:

1 Like

I just put ratchet straps on all 4 corners. Problem solved - my light can be anywhere from (within 2 inches to) the top and all the way to the floor of my tent.

5 Likes

That’s a great idea. I think I came up with a solution a while ago using to pieces of chain, but I really like this idea.

1 Like

Doubled the cables together and extra BUNGIE cord for double insurance. Zip ties are a must.
Everything hanging has twice the needed number of cables capable of twice the weight individually.
David Drops a lot

2 Likes

This I have found is this best way to hang, not only can you raise the light, almost to the ceiling, and you can also have it hung at an angle for better coverage. The only downside is if you are careless you can knock it out of position, though it takes a hard, clumsy knock to do that.

2 Likes

I landed on a ratchet strap on each corner. Maximum flexibility, good stability, just harder to level.

Checkout the angle of the dangle now…