How to setup a carbon filter/ fan combo

A filter on both ends of the fan motor one in the tent and one out but I wasn’t sure if the extra filter would restrict the air flow to much and not draw enough to be effective

1 Like

What’s up @yoshi my man I love the set up brother before I sold my small tent like that I was set up almost identical was able to keep my temperatures perfect but in the winter time man I cannot get any humidity even with a humidifier in there I’m still struggling to hit 30

It’s very possible that’s what I realized that it was much harder to get temps down pulling air thru the carbon scrubber, I thought the thing was clogged but I put the 435 Cfm on top to vacuum the tent and the 190 Cfm on bottom to blow up the tent and it equals out almost perfect, but I agree with you I think it will be a much more air flow reduction pulling thru the scrubber and forcing air out another scrubber.

1 Like

I will try it tomorrow I have a bigger tent now but in my old one I rarely have to turn it up over half way and then the sides beer can on me so maybe with a extra scrubber I can turn it up and compensate for it . I will let you know how it works

Yeah that’s why I put the 190 instead of the lil duct fans I was using with the bohiement on top.

1 Like

I have an intake fan as well so that should make it better? Or just use the carbon filter outtake fan?

Also I don’t understand why mine don’t fit. In the picture it looks like it fits snugly but mine does not (filter + fan)

Does that mean I get metallic tape? Seems so strange @yoshi

I’ve had 2 filters. One was tight and one was loose fitting. I just metal taped mine but you can get clamps like below, which work better than a hose clamp (which won’t tighten up the thick filter metal)…

1 Like

I just bought metallic tape. I guess it’s so you don’t lose circumference. I was still a little annoyed. I don’t want to spend any more than I need to. Thanks

2 Likes

Nothing is as easy as it should be anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Fever that’s one of the better built inline fans on the market, I’ll step up to those later.

@yoshi
I’m having trouble getting the humidity up here is a pick

I closed the intake and only have the outtake carbon filter. I hope that helps.

You can try adding a Co2 generator are a a few mushroom bags that will help raise humidity.

Do you have a humidifier in there?

I have a humidifier and I was at 40rh but now am turned by it up. Wow this is way different than a closet!!

1 Like

I assume I need to keep it on 24/7. It’s strange cause I am starting to smell the herb a little even through the filter. Initially it wasn’t like that. Hmmm

Is the tent sucking in a little? (negative pressure)

1 Like

getting ready for grow number 2 I think I will try the scrubber outside the tent. Is negative pressure in tent a bad thing

1 Like

2 Likes

Some negative pressure is good. It forces all the smell through the filter instead of pushing it out the seams, zippers, and passive vents.

My tent bows in a little and tightens up.

2 Likes