How to scrog first time grower help needed

I go to about 80% for mine. Just what works for me.

You are going to be in trouble if you don’t flip soon.

Sometimes the plant will harden off prematurely (like mine right now) and you have no choice but to crush the stem and supercrop. I had to take a pair of pliers to one of my mains a few weeks ago.

I spread and thread under the screen for the most part. There will be a couple of exceptions but I try to spread the mains out and I do like a good FIM to develop 4 diagonals to fill the corner. You will want to defoliate extensively under the canopy to avoid issues with mildew and to redirect energy into the better performing tops.

I also try to retain the lower branches and tight bend them up to populate the very center of the screen.

This plant did not cooperate so couldn’t perform that operation.

4 Likes

I’m convinced you guys work too hard. I didn’t really like the method as it was, but I literally pushed tops back under screen every couple of days and that seemed to work fine. No topping, tying, weaving, or breaking needed. It almost seems like the more you you do them the more effort will be required.

8 Likes

I used to tie them, I used to fold them around, then I just pushed them down and into the next space.
It’s easier when you go to remove the net if nothing is tied or looped around the screen.

8 Likes

I agree that it’s a PITA but in my case I have height restraints. I prefer keeping everything under the net simply so I can harvest easily. I’m still not convinced that it yields better than a well trained photo.

4 Likes

Neither am I. That’s why I’ve stopped scrogging.

3 Likes

Sorry to but in. I’ve got a banner going. And i topped it twice yet that thing is insistent on being tall. I wanted to scrog it but I’m afraid it would take over too much of the 4 by 4 tent

You’re in very good hands. I’m just dropping by to say welcome to ILGM, @Budzbunny :v:

2 Likes

You guys have better or at least well designed lighting. it probably makes more of a difference for underpowered grows lacking any canopy penetration.

5 Likes

I was actually contemplating taking the screens off and letting them gain some height with bamboo supports as it’s clear to me I’ve missed my window for what I was trying to do I didn’t expect things to go as well as they have to be honest guys I’ll post some update pics later on today

3 Likes

That’s mainly all I did here nothing got tied down just tucked under 5weeks later this was result

3 Likes

It looks good to me. Do you have good air exchange with fresh air in and vent out ? I would flip to flower now , keep tucking to fill those open spaces . Do some thinning out of a few lower fans leaves for better air circulation and make sure there is a small fan blowing under the screen . You will need a big fan when they flower . Maybe add another net later if it’s needed .

Yeah the air flow is decent I have in and out flow also got 2 rotating fans blowing on them I’ve got a co2 bag in there aswel I’ve took the screens out now and cleaned up the plants as much as my back could take I was at it for around 3hours straight

this is how their looking now today was a feed day so may count for the slight dropping

4 Likes

plenty of height so I’m hoping they’ll go up instead of outwards now

3 Likes

a little look at both sides of things

5 Likes

It’s Gonna get hairy in that jungle! Looks like a good time :sunglasses::+1: Lots of flavors, strains going on. Have you sexed all them ladies? You may need to move them around a little, I would pass on the trellis until ya thin the herd :wink: just my .02

2 Likes

The seeds were feminised and the plants the cuttings came off of have already been flowered by the person I got them off so will be an all girl show but yes most have pistols on them already just a couple of the ones from seed don’t have signs of sex unless I’ve just missed it I just presume they’ll be female as was feminised seeds

1 Like

So I realised that no matter what the screen had to come off I placed it too low so I wouldn’t of been able to lollipop nothing what is the lowest height people put their screens and how do you work around the terrible access to bottoms I’m kinda glad mines off now I can move stuff around to work on

1 Like

thinned things out a bit today more to go yet but I think that should be enough right?

2 Likes

Making the switch to 12on 12off tomorrow what’s best hours to leave lights out for? I was going to leave for 48hours then put lights on just curious as to if people have played about with the amount of dark