How to scrog first time grower help needed

so this is my first time at this and I’m wondering how this is going I don’t have a clue on scrog just got told to some how spread plants out so this is what I have done, it’s in soil some are from seed and some are from cuttings how high should I let them get before I flip to the 12 on 12 off cycle

5 Likes

giphy (1)
Looking great!! I would say it depends on your vertical restrictions, meaning they are going to streach a lot after you flip them to flower, and you dont want them to close to the light and burn them, you can continue tying and weaving them down for maybe the first couple weeks of flower, but after that they will harden off.

1 Like

Looking good.

You’re going to have a lot of tucking to do as the plants are going to stretch quite a bit for the first couple of weeks after you flip them.

You can flip now, or you can raise your SCROG a bit and let them continue to grow. I would flip now if you are not adverse to it. You are going to run out of space pretty quickly.

5 Likes

I’ve still got a few foot of hight to raise the lights if I need to so I don’t think they’ll grow into it to a point where it’s a problem I’m unable to to move the makeshift net any higher tho as it’s kinda fixed so that’s why i was asking how tall to let them go before I flip cos too tall if I’m right in thinking they will need more support so the net would of been pointless?

You can always add another net.

2 Likes

I agree with @MidwestGuy I would flip relatively soon. I Would not go more than a couple weeks more at most, and you can always add another net to distribute them even more.

1 Like

Flip now!!!

4 Likes

How much taller from the existing net would you put one in at I’ve got around 2weeks before I can flip 2 12on 12off so I’m guessing I’ll need it

It’s going to depend a bit on the strain. They look pretty healthy too. One foot, minimum.

1 Like

It’s a real mixed one when comes to strains I’ve got strawberry banana, lemon garlic o.g they was from cuttings but was took from flower so I’ve had to re veg them. from seed there’s jamnesia haze, zkittles, sour dosido think I made a mistake on the cuttings I didn’t think they grew so wildly

1 Like

To properly scrog, I let my plants grow through the net approximately 8". I then supercrop and keep tying down until net is approximately 60% full. I then flip to 12/12 light cycle and continue tying down until I have pistils.

7 Likes

Definitely looking good. I would flip now, as you have the screen full.

2 Likes

@Grandaddy013 that looks amazing so I’m already past when u would have flipped I’m waiting on a light as one of my lights is just for veg had to use it as one of my original ones broke hopefully will be in the next day or two

1 Like

I don’t believe supercrop or tying down is required to scrog properly. You can simply train plant to screen and call it a day.

8 Likes

I agree with the others suggesting you should probably flip them now. A week ago may have even been better.

5 Likes

This is the way @TDubWilly taught me, and that’s what he called it. Although, you are right, there is only the way it works for you in your particular situation.

4 Likes

And, I can’t do it that way anymore due to my setup

4 Likes

Happy New Year little buddy. How’s that new addition doing?

5 Likes

Happy new year yo you as well! Little one is sick at home with her mommy while dad is out making triple time.

5 Likes

Honestly @Budzbunny I would take your screen off and just let those things grow without scrogging them.

Your plants have gotten very big and will explode when you flip to 12/12. Given your limited experience scrogging, I believe you’ll run into a nightmare trying to scrog these plants. You will almost definitely need two screen levels to complete it correctly.

I personally would remove the screen, flip to 12/12, and let those plants grow, tying the colas up as they get big and begin to fall over and on your next grow try and scrog.

Note: try flipping to 12/12 when the screen is about 65% full

3 Likes