How to recover from Airy Buds?

Weak lighting can cause loose buds too :roll_eyes:. Buds harden up when cured but they don’t “fill in” :disappointed: practice makes perfect, grow grow grow and repeat. You’ll dial it in​:grin:

2 Likes

Its a bloompluss LED 4000. Im in a 4x4 grow area and it says it’s supposed to flower in 4x4 area. This particular plant though was right under the light. I harvested because it showed many amber trichomes. I have 2 other plants that are just like this one, should i let them in the grow room a few more weeks ? Or is it too late? Is ther a such thing as harvesting too late?

3 Likes

I guess moving forward ill get it. But just concerned about my other plants. I have 2 others that have amber trichomes but they look airy as well. Its be flowering for 10 weeks so, do you think its to late for buds to get dense? Theyre crispy so id imagine they got enough light but airy

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t know the specifics but your thc begins to degrade into some other compound? They won’t get more dense by leaving them beyond whatever level or ripeness you are after (cloudy, 10% amber, 20% amber, etc.) you will just lose your goodies…to my understanding

Hmm they’re not going to fill in and considering you’ve gotten amber trichomes on some waiting - stop waiting if they’re amber cut, that’ll get you stoned as needed at this point. Yes you don’t want to wait to long it’ll degrade your smoke if handled too late. Fix the density next grow :grin:

I just looked up your light it seems pretty close to powerful enough for your space but seems to use an older samsung diode. I don’t know the drop-off from the 301bs to the ones in your light.

2 Likes

Yeah my Zkittles auto is about done but all airy but my CW photo are early to midway in the flowering stage and im really hoping the same thing doesnt happen. This is an example of a bud i cut… looks much more than 1g but its 1g because its just hollow. I dried for 7 days but idk if the played a huge part of density

2 Likes

I see thanks for this. It just looks weird to me being so hollow. Just wondering how to prevent this for maybe at least my CWs that are halfway in flowering. Its too early to tell but i fed it 3 tbls of big bloom once a week. I dont know just a bummer to see results of 23 grams from a 5 gallon Pot and 3 foot plant.

Hmm. You should have enough light to harvest some decent buds. Have you only harvested autos so far? My autos have been nowhere near as dense as my photos under same lighting so far. Maybe i’ve just had bad quality autos.

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t like that :disappointed: you should pull four ozs from a single auto.

2 Likes

Only autos. Although its too early to determine for my photos that are in the middle of flowering (chronic widow) they look like they will be much fatter.

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t panic til you see what those finish like. If I grew my first three autos before my photos I probably woulda stopped growing lol.

2 Likes

Thats what i was expecting. I think i lost a lot. If this was dense itll be at least 2 ounces. Look at a comparison pic between bud i bought (half the size and .3 grams and bud i grew (double size) and .4 gram. Luckily i have more growing but id be so bummed out if all my plants are airy. Want to prevent this with my current plants in the middle of flower at least

4 Likes

So you experienced autos being more airy than photos?

2 Likes

Do you do any low stress training or anything?

1 Like

Oh yeah. And not by a little I’m talking pine cone rocks compared to fluff. And across five autos of different strain and breeder

3 Likes

Oh wow and all grown in the same environment? I have a feeling my CWs will be dense. Do you have a any comparison photos?

1 Like

Not convenient but give me a minute. It’s all sitting in jars I haven’t smoked hardly any of the auto flower…and yes same tent same light can’t promise were not a degree different here or there but yeah same enviro

1 Like

Well for all my other plants yes but the yeild you see, no… i just let this one take its course

1 Like

Whenever you have a minute im just curious lol no rush appreciate the help