How to raise Humidity without using a humidifier

A question I get a lot is how to raise humidity. This can be a problem when you are on a budget and can not afford a humidifier (or just don’t want to).

Here’s what I’ve done in the past. A couple of plates or canisters of water in the growtent keeps the humidity at around 50% This worked when I was pre-growing my clones in a tent before moving them down stairs into the flower room. The canisters where in the middle with the light on. I also regularly sprayed my clones and the walls of the tent to keep the humidity high. This worked for me but I’m not sure if it will work if the tent is full of plants and the plants are casting shadows on the water…

Any other suggestions?

2 Likes

Hanging a bunch of wet towels around, using a portable evaporation cooler nearby, hanging fine misters that operate off of just the water pressure, or maybe go to a second hand store, I often see humidifiers there for dirt cheap, other than this I think wide mouthed open containers with water is about your only options. Maybe build tall humidity domes out of 2 liter soda bottles or other similar clear plastic bottles.

4 Likes