How to properly space out a 4x4 grow tent

Just spilled my coffee nice. I didn’t want that.
Any who.
I’m flowering out a 4x4 tent. Why is the Rule for proper spacing of plants so I don’t gat any pm or plants grow to close. I just made the mistake of overcrowding and got PM all over one of my girls and it was relentless so I threw in the yard. I do have a fully stocked vege tent tho with 3 plants that atleast 2 can come in how. Much room does each girl need ??? Also what’s a good way to get the best airflow inside the tent ??? I have oscillating fan and 2 hurricane clip fans and I feel like maybe I need more airflow. I have 6 inch exhaust on full power too thanks :pray: peace.

Sorry how silly. My plants 2 are in 5 gallon pots and one in a 7 gallon pot. 2 have been mainlined and one is a clone from a fully d
Flowering plant. Had a nice bud on it lol.

2 Likes

Welcome you mentioned you have a 6 inch exhaust fan running full speed you can open two pass through holes at the bottom of a tent and that should Be efficient. If you don’t already have speed control on your fan you might consider one. I usually run mine on the low end of medium speed with 4x4 Space negative pressure with walls sucked in.

I would like too but I had a skittles cake plant that kept getting powdery mildew and I attributed it to having poor airflow because at the time I couldn’t see anything else it could be but I think it was over crowded the plant was to full in the middle and I should of cut a lot of the stuff off and I do believe it was prone to WPM anyway if I ever see wpm it will be too soon. I battled for weeks and weeks witb that plant trying to save it from the pm but nothing worked. So I say it was prone to it Nd had it inside it.

2 Likes

Nice plant! @123Rosie Good job To head off the powder mildew got to get that air flowing. Keep pulling fresh air in exhaust hot stale air out. Good luck with your grow.

1 Like

kellydans Pretty much said it before I got a chance.
Add more clip on fans, and make sure they’re zip tied so they don’t fall on a plant.

Also, lowering your humidity is also very beneficial. Airflow air temperatures also contribute to RH, but lowering the RH first is the first step in managing this.
Hope this helps. Happy :seedling:
@123Rosie

1 Like

Yeah it helps a lot thanks. I was thinking about a small air purifier like one of the blu ones that might be beneficial for airflow as the push lots of air out the tops and have hepa filters. Also a dehumidifier is in the cArds as well. Ideal air I was thinking as the big companies don’t make one for a 4x4 tent. What do you all recommend for a dehumidifier for A 4x4 gorilla grow tent. I added another clip fan and gonna put in 2 more as I’m adding more plants. Tell me what you think of my thoughts to put an air purifier in the tent thanks. ??? Thanks

1 Like

Beautiful plants! May I ask what lights are those and tru wattage?

1 Like

70pint dehumidifier or larger if you can find one. You want to be in control of the humidity, and larger the better. I fire up my 70pint and it takes a couple of weeks for the dehumidifier to stabilize the humidity in the house. I can drop it as low as 30%, but in summer it struggles a little to keep up. @123Rosie

1 Like

Yes that’s a hlg550 v2 rspec with uva attachment the main light is 480 ways from the wall and the uva bar is about 30 ways from the wall. Very bright light that runs quite warm.

3 Likes

So let me ask this sounds stupid to someone I. The know I’m sure but you are dehumidifying your entire house to dehumidify the tent ??

@123Rosie short answer is yes. This may be only something I do. However I’m sure there are others that don’t. This comes back to some people that have actually engineered their home to grow the best weed possible.
I can’t seal off an area or build a separate structure to make my environment exact.
I dehumidify the entire home. I do this because I grow in a closet, and it’s inside the home.

I tried putting the dehumidifier in just the same room but caused heat issues, so I moved it to the adjoining room and the intake receives “buffered” air from it. Dryer air, but also cooled.
Hope this answers your question.

1 Like

That’s a good pic of the light.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty sure o got you so I feed my grow tent with air from the top. It’s In so basically I need to dehumidify the room my tent is in to dehumidify my tent. Am I correct because I don’t think I could fit the dehumidifier in the tent with all the plants.

1 Like

This plant here is one plant out of 2 this plant never got the powdery mildew the other one did. It I got it out of my tent because it would never go away and the whole plant had the powdery mildew I was never smokin that weed so it’s in the mulch pile.

1 Like

I don’t recommend this at all, not only does it take up space, but it will be producing a fair amount of heat, and last if you have proper air exchange the dehumidifier air would be exhausted just as fast as it was produced.

So in short, save yourself the heat issues, and at the very least put it in the same room, and monitor. It may still get too warm, and you might need to move it again.

1 Like

I think that must of been a typo because I couldn’t fit it I. The tent with all the plants. Too much I don’t have the space plus I put a humidifier on there and got powdery mildew

2 Likes

That’s why I meant was to put in the room the tent is in so make the air that feed the tent more humid.

2 Likes

Not sure if I’m reading this right but it reads like your air intake is at the top for your tent, your intake should be at the bottom. Please forgive me if I’ve read this wrong. Also when using a dehumidifier it’s best to have it in an adjoining room, this acts like a lung room and keeps your air supply at a consistent humidity :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sorry I must of
Messed up somewhere. My intakes are at the bottom I’m using gorilla grow tent. The regular edition 4x4 I use the bottom square flaps as intake. They have some sort of mesh screen. My exhaust is at the top above my light. 6inch ac Infinity inline exhaust fan with ac infinity 6x16 inch carbon filter I also have 3 6 inch hurricane clip fans on high and a Dyson tower fan oscillating on high. That’s my airflow. I wanna switch out Dyson fam for air purifier. They move a lot of air. I’m gonna place it I. The floor at the back in the middle. And then I’m gonna put a oscillating l fan somewhere in my tent. I’m not sure yet. I haven’t figured out a satisfying way to do it yet.

2 Likes