How to pH water organically

Hi first time grower. I pre germinated my LSD seeds using the the water/cup and paper method 4 days ago then planted in soil 2 days ago. My pH meter is coming in a couple days. I have Black Gold All Organic Potting Soil for now but plan to switch to Fox Farm Happy Frog later through the vegetation stage. I heard that pH up and pH down didnt go well with Super soil because it kills the microbial life within the medium. So Im wondering what could I use to lower/raise pH organically. Or does it matter since they say the FF soil will regulate the pH regardless?

1 Like

Fox farm soils are not super soils, or living soils per se. They will feed your plants for 2-6 weeks without much input, but one will def need to begin adding nutrients by flowering.

That being said, you can treat them like an organic grow and they will foster beneficial bacteria and fungi if you encourage it. Depending on what nutrient line you use It’s easy to kill off the biome. I wouldn’t trust not pH’ing either. Fox farms soils are infamous for getting pH wonky around flowering time.

Citric acid, available as a canning preservative, will bring your pH down naturally.
Potassium bicarbonate is also a natural pH up.

2 Likes

I do not know about all you are asking, but that cup looks mighty wet, maybe poke some holes in the cup for drainage and so it can breathe…

Your soil is super wet, she needs to dry out. You should wait till the cup feels empty to water, and water with 4 or 5 oz of water.

1 Like

I use apple cider vinegar for pH down ,baking soda for pH up you are going to still kill off some. Make sure you let the chlorine evaporate first

2 Likes

@Ron330 Yea I made sure to poke 3 holes under the solo cup for drainage before I planted it.
@Zee Yea from the picture with flash on it does look really wet. When I felt the soil with my finger it only felt moist so it really confused me if I was overwatering or not. But ill take your guys advice and leave it alone for a few days.

4 or 5 days…

2 Likes