How to not want to always be in tent

So maybe because I’m still newer or maybe just because it’s a new found passion of mine or whatever but I am CONSTANTLY wanting to do something with my girls. Either that or I want to add something to my tent or tweak something etc. There is only so much to do per day and I’ve taken to making an IG posting about them all day to semi try to satisfy my need but it’s not the same :rofl:.

So how do you guys and girls get over the wanting to mess with your plants all day long? I have other hobbies but I just find myself always wanting to mess with them or start new ones or buy a new tent etc. Before too long my entire house will be a grow room ( which wouldn’t be a big deal but I’m still in an illegal state).

8 Likes

You eventually learn to leave them alone. I only check on my plants very few days now.

9 Likes

I sure hope that happens because I literally sit here twiddling my thumbs if my girls don’t need something :rofl::person_facepalming:

2 Likes

I look into the tent at least 8 times a day. You could set up a wifi camera in there so you can look in on them from your phone or laptop.

6 Likes

Id do some research on the camera before doing this as some have led lights in them that are red, green, or white and can cause issues in flower

4 Likes

I am going to take a short break after I harvest my GDP. I cut one today and the other two will go in a couple of weeks. This will be the first time I will not have seeds started to replace what was growing.

6 Likes

Same. I have 4 girls in flower and they will all be chopped before anything else gets dropped. Kinda weird.

3 Likes

I’m finding less is more. I don’t look in on them without a reason. If I’m just gawking I could be better using my time. Although truth be told we all love to gaze at our ladies. I pick a chore, looking for bugs, top dressing soil, defoliating, LST, whatever so when I’m done I can say I did something good for them not just stalking them.

7 Likes

It does go away. It takes some time though. Once you realize your tinkering is messing with them you leave them alone. It also makes them seem like they grow faster when you don’t see them 20 times a day.

11 Likes

Add another tent i like 4x8 x 80 inch and fill it up and 4 to 6 weeks later another and then another soon youll be as busy as you want to be.

4 Likes

I absolutely love to check on them in the morning because it is when I notice the most growth of course since I’m not staring at them overnight :rofl:

3 Likes

Every morning i check the watering system and admire the new growth. In the evening i check out everything before lights out. Dont ever skip a day. That is when a light or pump or heater will fail.

6 Likes

Hell yes. Thats a great idea.

1 Like

I stalk the sht outta these girls!

4 Likes

Me too, truth be told.

1 Like

I really do just enjoy my plants so much. I’ve never had a plant before of any kind and since I had a great first run and now a 2nd and 3rd it’s just so fun. Not knowing how they are going to look at the end is exciting. Will they be purple, blue, green, smelly or yadda yadda it’s just all exciting. I need about 10 different tents at different stages and I’ll be content :thinking:

3 Likes

Im in the grow room 3-4 times a day for about 20 minutes. There’s always something to do or study the leaves for issues, look for new growth, check temps and humidity, Check moisture in the soil,and overall just look at the little beauties. I love everything aboit it from seed to axe.

3 Likes

Im just on my second grow too and actually harvested the last of the first grow today and I am always hanging out with them. Ive even made the room outside the tent a growmie room with goodies so I can just cruise with them as long as I want. Sit here reading this forum while sitting beside the girls. Heck, even got my wife joining for a lil plant time. It sure feels healthy. My mental state definitely improves with some quiet time with these plants. When you love something you wanna be around it. Hopefully it never feels a chore and this relationship can be awesome forever! :ok_hand:

Crusing with them now. Pure awesome!

8 Likes

Oh yea I agree, there is a huge benefit to my mental health since I started growing. I really didn’t expect it but everyone seems to agree about that aspect of growing.

2 Likes

Labor of love.

4 Likes