How to make sticky buds

I killed her, harvested yesterday…I don’t know if it’s the same bud for comparisons, they were all so-so, comme ci, comme ca :wink: I was going for mostly cloudy I saw a few amber, just to harvest her
It was not a good grow I’ll take the blame, her sister did better…I guess I can attribute it to the heavy pruning she went thru to make room in the tent.

but the remaining two plants fit better without her

3 Likes

Lol :sweat_smile: a little of french, j’aime ça @kabongster, I love it :wink: :+1::ok_hand::v:

Man those buds are monstruous :heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1::ok_hand:

1 Like

the moral to this story…there isn’t much you can do the last week to make up for a bad grow.

honestly, a month ago, the two girls looked similar, just the last few weeks that a real difference showed.
they were treated the same, the smaller getting about 200 ppm less in feedings, it’s half the size of the other plant (1300 vs 1100), all the rest the same in what nutes when…

all I remember from high school…je parle francais comme une vache espanol…was that right?

1 Like

I’ve tried stem splitting on several plants in two cycles. I did not assess the plants quantitatively but looked at them qualitatively. At best, the differences at harvest were minimal, and may even had favored not splitting.

My understanding is that trichomes generate as part of a defense response. Stress increases trichomes to defend the plant againt predator threats. This mechanism is also associated with the benefits from supercropping - bending tops.

Some jasmonic acid-based foliar sprays are trying to exploit the same phenomenon because jasmonic acid has been observed to increase in local areas in response to stress, times when trichomes increase. That said, I have never seen a legitimate study that shows a causal relationship between jasmonic acid and trichome production. It could merely be coincidental.

At best, increases in trichome volume and/or content may only be observable under ideal laboratory conditions. That does not translate into practical results that warrant the level of effort required.

2 Likes

I’ve split stem and done the darkness 24 hours. 48 hours and 72 hours. I notice no big difference at all. I think the biggest difference I’ve found comes with lowering humidity during flowering and water starving at the end of the flush I don’t water the plants for the last week of there lives. I give them 1 day of darkness and I cut them down hang whole plant 6-12 days depending on sized of plants. That’s best method for me. Yo get best trichs and smells tastes I can get. I cure them as long as I can after the dry period.

I am going to start taking my plants off of the drying line earlier than I use too maybe that will help
My maintain the stickiness in My buds. Not saying my buds aren’t sticky but I want em to be peel apart sticky and dank that’s what I’m looking to do here. Make dank. Help me please all. Will taking my girls down from drying while they are still little
Tacky give me stickier finished product ??

10 Likes

I look for dry stems before I move my harvest to the next stage, when they are more crisp than moist.

packing buds together too soon could lead to spots that don’t get a lot of air then to mold.

maybe others will visit and give some drying tips they use.

1 Like

I let them dry to the snap and then I had them. They take a bout a week to rehydrate then another week to get back to crispy again. I want sticky tho maybe I need a different strain.

Sticky buds are genetic, my Sticky Cherry and Cherry Ice Cream is so sticky, won’t even fall out the jar.

6 Likes

Here’s a bud

6 Likes

@Hellraiser
Where did you get your seeds

I found 2 seeds in an oz of Cherry Do Si Do I bought out of Las Vegas and grew those, one of them was this sticky one, no telling the real genetics other then the mom was a Cherry Do Si Do. and the buds in that oz were nothing like this level of sticky. Just lucky bag seed really. I keep clones of her now because it is the most sticky plant I’ve ever grown in 30 years of indoor growing, and one of the very best in every way, taste, high, etc… just a very special girl that I lucked upon.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser what area do you stay in maybe I can get a cutting off you haha

2 Likes

I bought my seeds several different spots. Got seed junky gear from horror seeds and other stuff from greenline Organics and then from healthy made Seeds breeders direct also

That looks fire man.

1 Like

I got a question my friend. I’m using coco as my medium I water everyday feeding everyday I usually hit an EC in flower of 2.4-2.6 o. The high end. I’m questioning my watering habits even though I haven’t seen anything wrong I’m just wondering if I. Getting optimum results with my tech

Don’t know enough about coco and the EC seems a bit high but if it’s working out good for you, I’d stick with it.

Yeah I gues so far it is working out for me. I need a light meter really.

these are my girls. The big girls around week5-6 the other frosty big one is around week 3-4 and I just put 2 smaller ones in there now since o harvested 2 last week. They are drying now. I would like to eventually have 2 flowering chambers and one vege chamber and a drying chamber. Lol. I only have a flower and vege and dry rite now. All pretty small size

1 Like

Your results dont lie. I agree with you drying nice and slow is the most important aspect to your nugs staying stick icky. I think you are on the right track drying a little less and curing correctly and as long as possible.

1 Like

Did you not catch part that said 1 week b4 harvest, not seedlings. I’m assuming way way to early. @Paranorman

1 Like

I have since harvested and have had some real sticky results. I agree it is strain depending mostly but there’s a few things can do without risking mold or anything crazy.