How to make sticky buds

Is it entirely strain dependent? If so which? Thanks

1 Like

Not strain related it is tlc related

@joshawa,

It is genetic.

Certain strains produce a lot of resin.

Today, there exists no proven method to increase resin production, even though a large number of growers will claim to be able to induce a higher resin production by doing this and that, and a number of bud boosters will also claim to be able to do so.

Let’s just say that a healthy plant given everything it needs will produce an optimal amount of resin, while a sickly or badly grown plant will produce less.

Let’s also add that resin production is not equivalent with potency, a plant with little trich coverage can still be strong as hell.

Will

14 Likes

Yes i agree as you just said some genetics do play a part but you can take the same strain one taken good care of an the other not and you can see and taste and feel the difference tlc

1 Like

@joshawa

I was just typing this when you replied

This depends on your preference. Do you like to be mental stoned or body stoned. If you harvest earlier (mostly clear/few milky) you’ll have a more speedy head high. If you harvest on-time you’ll get it when its mostly milky trichomes. This is the best balance of bodyhead highs and is also the longest lasting. If you wait another week, the plant will keep putting on weight but the high will degrade into a more lethargic/couchlock stone(50%+ amber). IMO you should try to get them when the most trichomes are milky. You’ll need a microscope to see the little glands.
You can effect the high by when you harvest but it mainly depends on genetics… If you grow a pure sativa it can’t be a couchlock stone just like a pure indica won’t be a speeedy, trippy high. But you can make a sativa slightly more relaxing by giving it an extra week

Will

11 Likes

This may be one of the best posts I’ve read all year ! …thank you for sharing that Will

14 Likes

@Paranorman

Thank You ! Your statement makes all the effort I put into helping others worth every minute.

B Safe
Garrigan62

10 Likes

@Fever

I have also read on here that “stem splitting” and 48 hours of darkness a few days before harvest will cause them to be more potent.

an update from those that split their stem to increase thc production would be nice.

I thought a few folks were going to try it out…it’s been about a month since Robert’s email about stem splitting.

1 Like

I believe that was done more for weight than any thing else.

Will

2 Likes

a quote from the email

"Not many people know about this trick, but I’m sharing it with you today. Have you ever heard of splitting the stem of your plant?

No? Well, did you know this will force your plants to create heavier and denser buds? And it also increases THC production up to 20%!

The purpose of stem splitting is to disturb the flow of nutrients and water right at the base of the stem.

This will cause the plant to start producing more trichomes which means heavier and denser buds with higher THC levels"

everyone is right…bigger,heavier, more thc!

5 Likes

When it comes to growing cannabis, is it possible to have “too much of a good thing?” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No… never… I want the biggest , dankiest , smelliest , hard hitting , dirty down low , slap you right in the face , sticky icky possible… :imp::smiling_imp::imp::smiling_imp::wink:
But that’s just me…

:v::sunglasses:

12 Likes

Is this like a mantra we should be saying to the seedlings? lol
:cherry_blossom:

1 Like

@Masshole did post his results somewhere @kabongster think on his thread for sure
And a few other did the same

1 Like

I plan on trying it on the smaller of my two Northern Lights I’ll be harvesting soon (but not soon enuff)…if only I was splitting a stem this morning!!!

I believe it’s done in the last week, what’s to lose? I’m not seeing amber though. The smaller plant is slightly more mature than the other and I’m not waiting, I want one plant to be less % of amber. I figure when I see 10%, she’s done for. The second plant will be 30%-40%.

3 Likes

I thought email said 24/48 before but I might be wrong on that timeline

1 Like

“Not many people know about this trick, but I’m sharing it with you today. Have you ever heard of splitting the stem of your plant?
No? Well, did you know this will force your plants to create heavier and denser buds? And it also increases THC production up to 20%!”

"The purpose of stem splitting is to disturb the flow of nutrients and water right at the base of the stem.
This will cause the plant to start producing more trichomes which means heavier and denser buds with higher THC levels.

How to split the stem in 3 easy steps:
Step 1 Tie the stem with a rope or cable tie right at the base. Tie a second rope or cable tie a couple inches above that.
Step 2 Take a very sharp knife and cut from the top tie to the bottom tie. There should be one vertical cut that is a few inches in length.
Step 3 The knife should remain inside until you have a pencil or chopsticks to replace it with. This is to keep both sides of the marijuana plant from touching each other.

Splitting the stem causes stress on the plant and forces it to create more trichomes.
Trichomes serve as protectors of the marijuana plants. Specifically against pests, diseases, low temperatures and wind.
Because of this protective feature, more trichomes are produced during times of stress. Take advantage of this special feature and read this article about splitting the stem and many more secret tricks to grow huge buds and increase your yield.
Tip 1: Apply this technique 3 days or a week before harvest, not sooner!
Tip 2: Try it on only 1 of your plants until you’ve mastered the technique
Tip 3: Ever extended the dark period to 48 hours right before harvest"
Robert Bergman, ILOVEGROWINGMARIJUANA

7 Likes

I may be wrong but I’m not sure the plant produces more trichomes?

It may possibly produce more THC in the trichomes, but I suspect the number of trichomes are genetically predisposed ?

we’d need a science officer, I don’t know how to google search if the email was entirely accurate?

@Aquaponic_Dumme
@MacGyverStoner