How to make gummies ? Oil?

I’m about to harvest my Zkittle auto. My wifey loves gummies. Any suggestions/ walkthrough tutorials-videos or complet kit recommendations? I really am not trying to waste good green by messing up making gummies. Thanks I’m advance. Oh yeah. Here she is.

7 Likes

I’ve tagged the grower @CalamityJane She has some good recipes and instructions.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thank you

1 Like

@AfgVet has put up recipe too. I’m not sure where though, if you check search bar at top of home page will probably come across.

1 Like

Aww thanks Jane, I’m flattered. Outta likes :pensive:
I’ve only made cookies the once, never strolled into making oils or gummies. Although we do press rosin, I’m yet to venture into making edibles with this.

Good to meet you @Diggwilly:wave:
I think the most important part of making any edibles (with the flower anyway) is to decarb it in the oven before you even think about adding it to any recipe. This is what brings the THC to life.

Yeah have a quick search using the search function and you’ll see loads come up for ‘gummies’.
Good luck - be sure to keep us all updated!

CJ. :v:

4 Likes

I am not sure if I’m allowed to post a link so I won’t but the Emily Kyle Nutrion web site has a lot of good edible recipes and techniques for extraction of your cannabis
I use her method to make FECO, full extraction cannabis oil, and then use that to make chocolate, gummies, and other delicious treats

8 Likes

Alright so oil

Take fine trimmings (sugar leaves and anything with trichs) fill mason jar then saturate that with oil just to where the plant matter stops. Double boil that for a few hours , let cool and strain . Mesh bag, coffee filter , your sock …doesn’t matter to me but there you go there’s oil

Take oil and make anything you want!!

I’ll see if I can get my brothers gummy recipe it’s perfect

6 Likes

awesome. patiently waiting for recipe.

1 Like

You guys are great. Thank you much. I’ll definitely keep it updated once I get my baby girl cut and dried

2 Likes

One more thing Emily Kyle suggests is to first make any edible recipes you want to try without your cannabis oil or extract in them. You get a good run through on the culinary techniques involved and see if you actually like the treat made with that recipe

3 Likes

Don’t forget to decarboxylate your plant matter first 190 degrees for 30-45 mins in a aluminum foil hot pocket works pretty well

3 Likes

Well I’m was a chef for a long time until last year. Now I’m a Mr. Mom with hobbies lol. Once I get to making the oil itself I think I’ll be ok. Just want to make the wife some little treats since she doesn’t like to smoke.

2 Likes

Do I do this before putting in oil and double boiling?

1 Like

Yes decarb before you extract into oils, butter, or alcohol. If you live in a place where the high percent 75% to 95% ethanol is available that’s better than say a 40 or 50%.

3 Likes

ethanol? isnt that an additive in our gasoline??

1 Like

Ethanol is an alcohol the same as what one drinks, for example beers are usually 4 to 8 percent ethyl alcohol, wine 10 to 20, liquors usually over 20 and yes high ethanol content alcohols can be mixed with gasoline.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1/4 cup infused oil, 1/2 cup water 6 oz flavored jello, and 3 pouches of unflavored gelatin

I was going to post this a week ago but then I got high

5 Likes

I pulled that website up and that is a great place to learn about making edibles. Well worth your time.

1 Like