How to LST these autoflowers for better yield?

First time grower. No experience with defoliation. Been doing light training. Bent both about 45 degrees trying to expose bud sites to light. About to feed with water steamed with red kidney beans i feel she needs calcium i have no calmag. 5 gallon pot 2 zkittlez autoa tiger bloom fox farm grow big fox farm big bloom fert. Fox farm ocean forest soil 2 230 watt lights ocillating fan Ac infinity exhaust 4in. 2 4 inch intake fans… yeasr and sugar and water for co2. 20 grams of yeast with 4 cups od sugar… getting portable ac fan soon. How often should i be feeding her and the best lst training would help… thanks…

1 Like

Do you have a copy of the fox farms feed schedule?

I wouldn’t defoliate since she’s an autoflower. I would just take a few light blocking leaves. You can bend the top over and tie it down so the side branches can catch up. :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

This helps thanks

I like to bend the plant over as it gets tall enough. I have found super cropping at the 4-5th node has worked really well.

5 Likes

Thanks 4 the input. I will look up super cropping and how to count nodes… super newbie here. Wanna make sure i dont be a know it all and mess up. I wanna learn from others mistakes not my own…

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum :grin: This is just my personal preference. If I was going to do any lst. I would either turn down your light a little or raise it up. If you can get your plant to stretch a little. It will make the training a lot easier. :grin: I see you all ready have @GreenJewels in here. She is better with lst than my self and could steer you to a nice plant :grin: @Arrow could you maybe post a few pictures of how you start some of your plants to give this person a little idea of one of the ways to lst. There are many ways to go about it though. I just tied all the branches I could down. Good luck. You are off to a great start :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks alot i appreciate it… im here to learn as much as i can from people who know more. :grin:
Why sit around and fail miserably when there are forums like this…

1 Like

I have one plant on a 10 inch bucket and ia 21 inches away from the light… my android lux meter says 100,000- 110,000 around the plant which is 26 days old and the other one is 19 days old getting 80,000 lux also on a 10 inch bucket. I heard more than 75k lux is bad for marijuana plant is this true?

2 Likes

I agree, they need to stretch a little or you will end up to close to the soil, I made that mistake already a few years ago :grin:

Thanks @Not2SureYet but @Arrow is so much better. @kaptain3d too :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

Here’s what I did to one of my latest auto…

And here she is today:

Mostly LST, I only broke her on the initial supercrop and once to redirect a branch…

9 Likes

Start at the bottom and work your way up Node = leaf stem growing out of main stalk

This was topped for a manifold / mainline

6 Likes

Those were pictures I was trying to remember who did them @kaptain3d
I would have to go with the Kaptain here. If you do that above to a photo. You are going to loose half of you plant being in soil. Most mainlines are done with photos :grin: SO I am thinking that this is an auto may have slipped by @beardless since I know he is great with plants :+1:
Sorry for the lights. I would catch @dbrn32 or @Nicky for conversions. All my lights work perfect at 55w and 19" That covers a 2x2 area perfect for all my lights. And the 55w works out the same as what I saw on Nickys thread for getting to 15 ppfd. I never really followed that. I learned what worked for me and stayed with it. If I need more stretch. I turn the lights down. If I need less, I turn them up a little.

7 Likes

Only given for reference. OP said needed to figure out nodes because Covertgrower said to super crop above 4-5th node. This was given to show nodes only.

2 Likes

@Howsmygrow lux needs to be converted into PPFD and then into DLI before we can understand how much light that is.
Search DLI and a thread will pop up I have posted here.

Thanks @Not2SureYet

3 Likes

Like @Not2SureYet pointed out, bending the plant over at an angle and then tying down the branches/growth points is the way I would go. This is purely a LST method, and one that is very underrated…here are some pics to show plant development… notice the tie down points …

These :point_up_2: pics where taken one week apart…if you would like, I can take another pic later today and show you what she looks like another week later …:sunglasses::v:

5 Likes

And here is an example of what happens when you get aggressive. See the black floral tape.
Yeah, it happens. And a pic of her today. The break happened Sunday. :sob:

Gonna have to get me some of those clips tomorrow. :+1:

3 Likes

Don’t forget to stiffen up your pot…I inserted a coat hanger into the seam of the pot …

Notice the pot in the back… it stays round …:sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

OMG!!
See… it’s these little things we learn on here.
I’ve never seen or read that. :boom:

1 Like

Was tired of floppy pot syndrome and made a plan … I do mostly HST and thus need secure tie down points …:sunglasses::v:

5 Likes

So my pot should be tight around the soil? Mine is pretty loose. Thanks for the help