? How To Induce Leaf Growth After Flowering Begins?

I accidentally washed off the cuticle from my plants’ leaves and they’re very damaged. Is there a method to induce new leaf growth after plants are well into their flowering stage? I’m sure the plants will struggle to produce large healthy flowers with such diminished healthy leaf area.

1 Like

Once the plants get around week 3-5 of flower they stop making leaves the only way I know would be to go back to the veg light schedule and let it start over. I wouldn’t ever do this though you’d probably be better off just to allow it to finish and take what you get, just start new plants, or take some of the buds and clone them… it’s called monstercropping I believe I’ve never tried this

I would let them finish as they are and hope for the best. If there’s still some sugar leaves they’ll feed the buds. This is just my opinion so before making the decision I’d wait for more replies maybe someone else will have a better ideas :bulb:

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s what I was afraid would be the case. I was hoping there is some miracle cure for my F-up. I have a lot of F-ups these days. There are still some fan leaves but far fewer than there should be.

3 Likes

You’d be surprised how tough these plants are and how much they can take and still come out good, and hell we’d never learn from our mistakes if we never made any. I still make plenty of them and I’ve been growing since the 80s :laughing:

4 Likes

Ha ha… thanks for that. I compare my grows to almost any other I see and become quite deflated.deflated2
It’s a good thing MJ reinflates popped egos.inflated3

2 Likes

As long as you can/are learning from your mistakes it will get better every time around.
If someone says they know it all they have probably just become a know it all which is way different from knowing it all :laughing: :rofl:

3 Likes

Very well said @MeEasy

3 Likes

I learn constantly… and then I forget… and learn it all again. Maybe I’ll remember this time.:persevere:

1 Like