How to increase temp in grow box

I am in Melbourne, AUS. It is winter and freezing! I have been struggling with my two girls getting cold at night.
Not anymore after I insulated my grow box!
Went up 8 degrees in only 30 mins! Here is hoping these girls love my TLC

5 Likes

Its winter where ur at??

Yes it is

Where u located? Australia? Only thing i would know is a small heater. I lmk ive in the Texas heat

1 Like

I’m in Sydney - been having similar issues. I’m holding 21C/ 52%RH here with lights on…

1 Like

I was having 10 degrees at night, not now! 20 degrees in there at 10:20p
Hopefully they love the new warmth

1 Like

I need to get my girls topped. Only 3 13" plants in a 4 x 4 means too much open area - I need a canopy - gotta get my girls thickening up

This is my “second grow”. First grow out issue was a horror show!
Please show off your girls be keen to see

Introducing my girls! lol
3 x Lemon Haze sativa - recovered from nute burn… 13" tall clones

3 Likes

It’s been getting below zero here
(QLD) I definitely need some insulation in my shed.
I have a tower heater that keeps tent at 24 during the night. The temp struggles are real Gromies :v:

2 Likes

They look healthy! Great job. I can’t wait to taste the fruits of my labour!

The heater must be costing you a bomb!

The insulation was $40 from bunnings

1 Like

LOL I was actually only using the fan (couldn’t get a circulator fan - $25.00 Bunnings lol) - but just turned that off today - rearranged my inlet to create a light swirl in the tent - got my RH up 2-3%. Will take it out tomorrow.
I don’t expect my minimum to drop much from here, so once my light arrives, I could do with an extra few degrees. The aim is to have a thickened canopy going at the same time. I’ve been holding them back a little - not intentionally - just ‘new growing’ pains.

1 Like

Excuse my lack of knowledge, what does RH stabs for?

All good - relative humidity.
I am learning as I go and read

1 Like

You my friend are in the right place, if you need to ask something,
you can tag like this
@Enlightened420,
if I don’t know the answer,
one of my friends will :v:

3 Likes

Cheers. Where you from?

1 Like

Sorry, crashed out.
I live in QLD, but I’m from NSW.

1 Like

Wow! Also in Qld - this morning has been our coldest so far at around 10 degrees C.

2 Likes

@diz I am using my garage which has all but a tin roof of insulation, you reckon I am going to have issues maintaining my environment with July coming up (In Melb)? What kind of lights are you using in your box? I am using a grow tent so may need a bit more insulation.

Might have to stop past Bunning’s this weekend :confused: not looking at using a heater the whole time electrical bills will hurt too much.

2 Likes