How to grow in Australia

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Girl Scout Cookies Extreme (fem) will be grown in Australia - Byron bay which is usually relatively warm all yearround in A MIXTURE of sOIL , COCO, VERMICULITE, SEARLES PREMIUM POTTING MIX . Outdoors in a plastic pot (100 litre). Can you advise me if this is appropriate and wha time of year should i plane them. ? Spring starts September here but the weather starts warming up early August. Is https://www.ebay.com.au/i/262649874890?chn=ps&dispItem=1 FERTILISER OK ? aNY GENERAL TIPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

1 Like

IN spring - just follow the Australia’s growing cycle

1 Like

@Caosred aren’t you an ozzy too?
He may have some insight too.

2 Likes

aim to have them in the soil at the start of September that will give you 6months of growth before flowering begins!

1 Like

1st day of spring bro September and I’ve grown Girl Scout cookies before in nsw and it goes wicked indoors and out

2 Likes

sounds like you have a plan know ?? Happy Cultivation

Your so close to the Tropic of Capricorn there you might have a problem with photoperiod plants outside. The nights may not get long enough for them to be in vegetation or short enough for flower mode. Maybe you should just get some autoflower seeds so you don’t have to worry about it. BTW, it’s easy to keep photoperiod plants in veg mode. You just turn on an outside lamp that shines on them for 15 minutes around 11 PM or midnight. Does not have to be all that close or strong. Much harder to force them to flower. They need complete darkness for 12 hours a night. Total darkness, like you can’t see your hand in front of your face. People growing inside report hermies just from power strip glowing switchs!

As long as it does not freeze, temperature is not that important. In Byron Bay, it’s likely to get too hot, not too cold. I have a winter crop just about ready to harvest now and it’s doing fine.

And I would highly recommend cloth pots instead of plastic.

1 Like