How to get that *Purple* in the name into your grow

So this was an experiment to begin with but for a first time grow I suprised myself with how good this has been working.
Using an old fridge I stripped out I was able to get the temps in my grow space low enough to bring out my colors… new light is a must for my next grow. This is so easy and simple anyone could do and and be surprised on how well it works if you can’t afford a tent or fancy setup. Some $5 pots and soil out of the fields. All I did was water the entire grow. The second pot I had was an autoflower and has been harvest already.

6 Likes

Yup. Cool temps push purples.
Some strains do nothing. Others, the fan and sugar leaves purple. Some, the flowers themselves are purple.

4 Likes

How low are you going during the lights out period?
Happy Growing!!

Low 60s

Is that the trick? Cold nights? Or cold ALL the time. When i was budding i could get any better than 78F lights on. 63-66ish lights off. 600W non enclosed reflector HPS

Keeping it cold durring the night but I couldn’t really adjust the temp throughout the day on this grow

It’s been getting really cold outside already and my outdoor plants are loving it…

look at all that purple!