How to get rid of Brown spots on leaves and tips

Just got back after 7 day and my leaves have brown spots and also some tips are turning brown and curling down. Friday will be start of 3rd week of flower.
In ff ocean forest. 10 gallon fabric pot. Have givin nutrients only twice. Brought the ph of soil down so stopped. Have been giving cal mag.
Uploading: F0D30747-A34C-469F-B0C8-EF27A7BA8364.jpeg…
Uploading: 69363D6A-AF11-46C3-89C8-480BA44B7FBF.jpeg…
Processing: 1332ED16-6923-4B22-9340-66FE93E46117.jpeg…
Uploading: 1DEC5A0B-A566-427E-AD2D-EE051FB8B9F9.jpeg…
Uploading: 71B93CC6-153A-4D5E-A2EF-5720F70DB7E9.jpeg…

1 Like

Probably not a good idea to seed the bag with other plants.
They may take or excrete things into the soil that will change what is available to the cannabis.
Because of the dual plants in the soil I personally have no clue how to fix it.
The spotting will not go away even if you get the issue resolved so watch the new growth.
New growth looks ok to me so maybe you already fixed it.

1 Like

That’s just a clover cover crop

1 Like

I did add a few tablespoons of lime before I left to try and get ph up in soil

I’ve done same thing to both. Zkittles is browning and gg4 seems fine

What else are you growing in that pot? I see clovers that provide a bit extra Nitrogen but like spiney norman said with everything going on in there i dont know how to correct your issues. Standard practice if you find a issue going on in your tent is to get runoff numbers ph and ppm from your affected plant and base that off what your putting in. Numbers should be rather close. If they are not then flush with 3x the amount of water than pot size 1 gallon pots would need 3 gallon of water thru them. Then watch for new growth to be affected. With all the stuff growing in that pot its hard to say if you are experiencing deficiencies due to the cover crops taking up a portion of the nutes then you might have to feed heavier for whatever deficiency your having (honestly not sure ive never had this issue so thats a guess). Looks to be 1 or more of these 3 different deficiencies calcium, magnesium, and maganese. These tend to go hand in hand. Could be due to being out of available ph range so its not uptaking or just wanting more of that nutrients due to the cover crops taking some. This is just my 2 cents. Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in soon and can point you in the right direction. Ill tag a few and see what we can do @MidwestGuy @Docnraq @Capt.Cola @Audiofreak @Aussie_autos

1 Like

Each single plant is different. Sometimes one will be more resistant or sensitive to certain nutrients.
The clover may be fine, was just saying its not common so what it does to the soil is not something I am familiar with, especially with cannabis.
Is it taking away what your cannabis needs?
Is it producing too much of something in the soil?
Is it competing for nutrients?
In general clover is a good cover crop for the garden, but modern cannabis can be finicky.

After further reading it seems you only benefit the nitrogen from clovers when they die. As when they die they release the nitrogen they’ve captured into their roots and it gets composted into the soil. They say this is best in an organic super soil with worms so the worms can help break the roots down better and provide a boost of phosphorus

1 Like

Runoff pH and PPM would be very useful

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using (RO, distilled, tap.)

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

1 Like

I cut the clover down once a week

2 Likes

I also use build a soil top dress kit, which has red wigglers in it. Each pot has 3 to for red wigglers.

2 Likes

Nice. I have no clue about super soils ive only grown in coco. Best bet id to fill out the support ticket above so we all have a better idea on how to help

1 Like

There is nothing wrong about having clover in ur pot i use this method all the time the clover puts nitrogen back into the soil ,what i believe is ur problem a calcium def and maybe some magnesium def aswell i would give some cal/mag and epsom salts when u water next time ,cause in flower stage ur plants are more likely run into deficiencies like calcium and magnesium and potassium and phosphorus and iron and boron and zinc

1 Like

How much epson salt?

Half tablespoon of epsom salts per gallon