How to get bud/leaves to turn color

I’ve been growing for awhile now. Each harvest my plants look and yield better and better. I normally grow northern lights. But I’ve started playing around with some other strains. Last crop I grew some chem dog that can turn almost white. The crop before I grew purple haze. Neither crop turned color. I kept the temperature low around 67 degrees. (I heard that help) but no luck getting any real color.
Any advice would be great

1 Like

Welcome to the community. I have yet to grow any weed other than green color. Even with the cold spell we had it still didn’t change colors. :pensive:

2 Likes

Thanks. Yea I’ve been trying everything new that I read. I have some strawberry cough and strawberry cheesecake cuttings going now. Really hope to get some pink tones with them

1 Like

my GSCX went from sunny 75° to dark and 65 for 3 days and it really brought out her pretty colors

Before

After cool dark

11 Likes

@Uturn,

And green is all you’ll get my friend, If the name is Purple Haze the plant will not be purple.
And by the way

Welcome to our world of growing and to our awesome community

B Safe
Will

5 Likes

That’s beautiful

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Sometimes the plants will turn colors very easily, and sometimes not at all. It’s a matter of getting genetics and environment to line up. If you get plants that want to change to colors, having a good swing between lights on temps and lights off temps will usually help.

5 Likes

Agree with @dbrn32 on genetics and enviroment. I grew this plant at day temp at 72 degrees and 60 degrees at night but genetics played a big roll

7 Likes

Welcome to ILGM !!! Looks like they have you covered :wink: Just wanted to welcome you :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

:heart_eyes:… …

1 Like

Thanks everyone. It must be the genetics. I do the swing in temp. I’ll keep trying

1 Like

Temps have to get pretty low: like low 50’s to be effective. Also; running acidic soil late in flower can cause colors too.

1 Like

Beautiful ! There’s just something about the color that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling.

2 Likes

Have you tried spray paint!!! Lol maybe colder temps too!!

3 Likes