How to Figure out Fertilizer?

Better twice than not at all…

1 Like

@Skydiver I guess we got the point across twice. Or we can call It an echo. :joy:. Hope everyone has a great night. :v:

1 Like

I am new as well and @Skydiver has been very kind and helpful. I second everything he says about the pea pots/cow pots. I am also trying some coco pots with my veggies, too soon to tell about them but they seem to be ok.

2 Likes

Dman- totally cool, twice is just as nice. Wick sash was a success. Thanks SD.

Just got some more cow pots…

1 Like

nice! any advise, these girls are 12 days old from seedling.

1 Like

Holes in bottom of cups correct.
Looks like your tray underneath has water in it…doing the wick thing…nice
They look healthy
You may want to put another solo cup on the outside of each clear cup to keep the roots out of the light.

1 Like

I hope those cups have holes in the bottom :crossed_fingers:

copy that! yes holes in everything.

1 Like

It looks like all of them are leaning in different directions. I’m no expert but you may be over watering I think and may be wrong. The symptoms are exactly the same for overwatering and under-watering. How close and what lights are you using? :v::call_me_hand: @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @MattyBear call y’all give your opinions please?

Watering practices look on par. The roots don’t like light though I would place the clear containers in something opaque. Lots of holes.

1 Like

@Covertgrower while we are on the subject do you think I can go a couple more days with this so it will get a little more root-bound. Im in red cups too. I’m scared the exposed roots are gonna die and I’m worried about it falling apart on transplant. Your knowledge and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:v::call_me_hand:

@thebeard
Guys I am new as well and in my first grow with ILGM seeds and fertilizer. I will attach a picture in a sec. I never fertilized in the pea pots, not needed. I was quickly taught that the first set of round looking leaves will feed the plant for a while. On watering, I waited until the pea felt like it was empty. Much easier to remedy under water than overwatering, and then just a little as they don’t need much. I have actually only used the VEG fertilizer once on all the plants since transplanting, and they didn’t need it after testing the PPM count on the outflow water. It was way high. I am using a mixture of Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil, and based on the PPM readings, they have all the nutes the girls may need for a while. This is my journal if interested in looking. New grower and first grow journal

I have not touched the root protector or other 2 small bottles since I am growing in a greenhouse and they are protected somewhat

3 Likes

Your girls look very happy and healthy :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand: I have a grow journal going as well hope you join along. It’s Dman1969’s Blue Haze & Purple Kush grow. :v:

1 Like

I will, thank you

1 Like

I am not very good at this, do you mind linking your journal here so I can find you? Thanks

1 Like

This might not work I’m no expert.

1 Like

You Da man, thank You

2 Likes

I try to live up to the nickname! But sometimes not so much. :rofl::laughing::joy:
Happy growing Brother!! Keep on keeping on! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

wow those look great! how old?