How to Figure out Fertilizer?

awesome advise thanks!

1 Like

should I leave the pan on a heath map or remove heat map/

Brother you just taught me something and I’m implementing that technique in my grow. I never thought of that. Thanks Brother!!!

1 Like

What was the soil make used for the seedlings?
Most starter soil along with what she carries to the grow (nutrients already in there from the seed) will be good for several weeks or more. Usually they are ready to pot up into bigger pots before I ever need to feed them anything. And once into the bigger pot with fresh soil there is also nutrients for them so that can take you another 4 weeks or more.
If they were mine I wouldn’t feed them anything yet other than distilled or RO water or if tap water PH that to around 6.5. The distilled or RO water can be used plain as is no need to adjust PH until later in grow when you do add nutrients to the water

2 Likes

Just another little tip I use clear solo cups inside my red solo cups so I can monitor root development.

2 Likes

Depends on if your temperature in the room is too low. I use a cooking thermometer and stick it in the soil if I need to check soil temps. Mine are usually around 65-70f which to me seems fine.
I have used heat mat for brand new clones or seedlings if temp get low at night in my basement

2 Likes

yes, you guys are awesome!

2 Likes

Don’t keep your soil wet. Let it dry a little before watering it stimulates the roots to search for water.

1 Like

That’s why I really like using cow pots as it’s easy to see the color change from wet to dry…so I can visually see when they need another wick watering.

1 Like

@Skydiver I’ve never heard of cow pots please enlighten me on that Brother.

Just want to make sure you do have or will have holes in them there cups ASAP lol
Without the holes you will drown them

1 Like

In my pic it shows them. I used to use peat pots but they take much longer to break down where the cow pots made from cow manure (compost) break down much quicker. I don’t do anything when up potting them other than prepare the new pot and leave enough room to put the whole thing in and cover soil around them…no shock just a couple floors higher…
Google cow pots…comes in 4” squares (on left in pic) and 3” squares on right. They come in many sizes/shapes theses are just the ones I’ve used.
I’m also about to start seedling for tomatoes peppers etc in them for outside. Just dig the hole and put them in…done

3 Likes

As @Skydiver said place holes in the bottom. I put them up the sides as well it helps give the roots oxygen. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

copy on all. confirmed the cups have holes in both sides and bottom. I just put the girls in their first wick bath. Fingers crossed. I had been spraying them only when i saw the soil was dry, but I still think i was under sparing them…

1 Like

Be careful most people overwater than underwater. That’s why I like the clear solo cups inside the red cups. I can pull it out and see if the soil is too wet or too dry. Just don’t keep it wet all the time. I’m a firm believer in the feast or famine technique. I let it dry till my girls tell me they are thirsty. They will droop and the roots will search for water. Just do that every once in a while. This helps build a stronger root system :v::call_me_hand:

Will do, thank all! I def prefer the clear cups, I just ran out…

1 Like

One thing you must cover the clear cup with a solid color cup!!! Roots do not like light!! Make sure you cover the clear cups. :v::sunglasses:

oh shizzzzzz

1 Like

The thing I love is you can tell when there getting root bound and know when they have outgrown there home :sunglasses:

@thebeard I’m sorry I just reread what me and @Skydiver wrote. I apologize for repeating things. My mind isn’t what it used to be. I hope your grow goes well and happy growing. Your in the best place you can be. Have a great night! My apologies to you to @Skydiver for repeating what you said also. :v: :call_me_hand:

1 Like