How to Figure out Fertilizer?

@Covertgrower while we are on the subject do you think I can go a couple more days with this so it will get a little more root-bound. Im in red cups too. I’m scared the exposed roots are gonna die and I’m worried about it falling apart on transplant. Your knowledge and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:v::call_me_hand:

@thebeard
Guys I am new as well and in my first grow with ILGM seeds and fertilizer. I will attach a picture in a sec. I never fertilized in the pea pots, not needed. I was quickly taught that the first set of round looking leaves will feed the plant for a while. On watering, I waited until the pea felt like it was empty. Much easier to remedy under water than overwatering, and then just a little as they don’t need much. I have actually only used the VEG fertilizer once on all the plants since transplanting, and they didn’t need it after testing the PPM count on the outflow water. It was way high. I am using a mixture of Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil, and based on the PPM readings, they have all the nutes the girls may need for a while. This is my journal if interested in looking. New grower and first grow journal - #73 by jetlag

I have not touched the root protector or other 2 small bottles since I am growing in a greenhouse and they are protected somewhat

3 Likes

Your girls look very happy and healthy :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand: I have a grow journal going as well hope you join along. It’s Dman1969’s Blue Haze & Purple Kush grow. :v:

1 Like

I will, thank you

1 Like

I am not very good at this, do you mind linking your journal here so I can find you? Thanks

1 Like

This might not work I’m no expert.

1 Like

You Da man, thank You

2 Likes

I try to live up to the nickname! But sometimes not so much. :rofl::laughing::joy:
Happy growing Brother!! Keep on keeping on! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

wow those look great! how old?

I’m also growing in the exact same soil your using I’m adding 20 to 25 percent worm castings in the ffof i added 10 % on the happy frog. I hope my girls look that good. Your kicking it Brother! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand: I’m hoping I won’t have to add anything till middle of flower. :wink::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thank You. Lets see, how to explain. The two bigger ones in the front and one slightly up and right went in their final pots on March 4th. They are ILGM White widows. The one on the right and front is a WW Auto that has decided to go in flower. I am taking birth classes with wife, very stressful, lol. On the top left, and it looks much smaller, is her sister that initially didn’t do very well, but is playing catch up now. To its right is a baby WW auto transplanted on the 17th. Also to the far right, almost hidden by the future mother to be, is her sister, both doing fine. The very one at the top is a mystery Photo given to me by a friend. All he can tell me, if grown outside in the dirt, will be 7’ tall. I must watch it closely to its sex.

1 Like

Thank you, you lost me with the work castings, lol. Before transplanting, I basically filled the grow bag 50% with OF and the top half with HF. I figured you can’t go wrong . I am confused because I have used little or no nutes as of yet, and I have no clue as to what I am doing. I am collecting names of wizards here, you being one, that can bail me out of trouble

2 Likes

I may not be able to bail you out. But I know all the right people that can! :wink:
It was worm :bug: castings not work castings :joy: (worm :poop:) if you haven’t heard of it. It’s really good :poop: :rofl: Happy growing Brother :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Good moring all. I hope everyone is staying healthy and in good spirits. These girls are 21 days from seed, any suggestions on keeping in solo or move to 1 gallon. They will eventually be moved outside, new england weather so at least another 4 weeks inside…
Thanks!

2 Likes

@Skydiver @Dman1969
Good moring all. I hope everyone is staying healthy and in good spirits. These girls are 21 days from seed, any suggestions on keeping in solo or move to 1 gallon. They will eventually be moved outside, new england weather so at least another 4 weeks inside…
Thanks!

[/quote]

1 Like

@thebeard. Babies look good.
Personally I’d let them stay in their cups for another week to build some root mass first.
It will help them transition a bit better into the 1 gal’s with a bit less transplant shock. :wink::+1::v:

Generally the leaves should extend to the outer edges of the cup before transplanting.
And burying some of the lower thin stem will help support plant and form new roots.

2 Likes

thanks so much!

1 Like

Anytime my friend. :+1::v:

1 Like

Yep what that Old Guy said…lol

2 Likes

good morning bud. I have another question for you. When I trans to 1 gallon should iI dust roots or should I wait until I trans to their final home?

1 Like