How to earn and not lose a Regular status….like I did lol

So when I first joined and started recognizing some Members had additional labels under their names I became intrigued and quite interested. Found out pretty quickly it was earned over a period of time similar to the ‘Badges’ but what nobody shared was that it must be ‘maintained’ in order to keep it lol. I admittedly got complacent after earning mine plus was splitting time on 2 other platforms and have been stretched thin to say the least lmao!! There will be no reminder messages or notifications-one day I just happened to notice it was missing😱. I contacted a Moderator thinking I’d been flagged for content or something and finally got the run down. Thanks to @AfgVet heres a screenshot of my account and my mistake for your viewing pleasure…

So as you see there are certain criteria that must be met and kept up!! :flushed:

I hope this helps new members in acquiring their status and from Regular Members from losing theirs like I did.

5 Likes

you and me both. I was like where did my regular status go one day. I found out the same thing. It’s like an “A”. Once you earn it, you have to keep it.

and as you can see, I lost my A…

1 Like

What are the benefits of the designation?

More trust within the forum.

1 Like

More :heart:’s. I get like 10 a day now lol

6 Likes

Haha now you have 11!

4 Likes

I haven’t noticed getting more, just that I’m still always out! :joy_cat:

1 Like

Hey @AfgVet dumb question probably but-my Regular disappeared on its own, will it reappear by itself as well once I meet all of the criteria again? If not how can I keep track and reset on my own without bugging a Mod?

3 Likes

This all has to do with topics read over time. The more active you are, the higher your ‘status’.

I adjusted your title.

4 Likes

Thank you kind Sir! I appreciate you. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s up to you to keep that status: read and post.

3 Likes

I’m tuned in now. Wouldn’t have lost it otherwise. Funny thing is it bothered me more than no BOM tag……:wink::wink::wink: jk homey

4 Likes

@AfgVet So each member’s progress chart like what @Fieldofdreams posted can’t be seen in our accounts?

I don’t care about keeping my status (I don’t use the badge, I’m still too much of a newb), however I keep active for the fun and education of it, but I do like the extra likes.

2 Likes

Having an empty :heart::fuelpump: tank is my biggest concern…almost lol!!:rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I think you can read the description for each individual badge then reference against your stats.

It’s really there to give an incentive to those who like getting the badges. I think it also unlocks access to the classified section too.

2 Likes

So yeah, I believe only MODs can see the breakdown of the categories that get you to level 3 or regular.

I looked and you were already there. Your “Regular” status just did toggle for some reason.

And yes, you can lose it and gain it all in your own based in activity. I believe it’s in the last 100 day span

1 Like

The topic raised my interest. After all it is only 11:45 pm CT.
The link for the following from discourse

Trust Level 3 – Regular

Regulars are the backbone of your community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days

• Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics

• Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)

• Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)

• Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*

• Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)

• Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

Users at trust level 3 can…

• Recategorize and rename topics
  • Access a secure category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
  • Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
  • TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
  • TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
  • Make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
  • Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 2×

Admins can change these thresholds by searching for TL3 in site settings.

3 Likes