How to dry Kief rub your harvest

So after rubbing that 80 grams of trim for awhile I ended it with 10 grams of kief from that. I’ll throw the rest in with my oil trim. Had about 40 more grams left over from different strains trim that I had already used some to make 2lbs of butter. Froze that and rubbed more vigorously this time, twice now and got 12 grams so far. I’ll rub once or twice more before I throw it in oil trim also. It’s all a nice golden color. Already confused the containers thou. But does it really matter when you gonna have about an ounce of kief. I’ve never even had any measurable amount kief till now.

3 Likes

Yeah I know what you mean, I have never had kief before and now I have a jar and a half in total still left

g

About a whole jar left from what I rubbed from multiple grows of trim and small buds that I’d been saving and half a jar of pure lemon kush ,But I gotta say I do love it ,I’ve been smoking it constantly with my weed since I did my first rub and this is what I still have left and I made butter out of the other trim to and I have lemon kush trim for making butter to

7 Likes

Ok I made it here no what? Birdman1…Some one stole my handle hence I had to ad a “1”

2 Likes

@Birdman1 great glad to have you. You are a great grower and you have a lot of experience so Welcome to the forum. I’ll intro you to a few really cool people. Check things out there are a lot of neat topics

3 Likes

Hello @Birdman1, and welcome!

My dry sift experiment using frozen mables and hash bags. See thread here

So I finally bought a press. It’s not bad. Have to clean it every 3rd disc I make. Doesn’t take much to clean, just a bit of scraping so the rod doesn’t get stuck.

This is a mallet kind. I didnt have one on hand so I used a minecraft sword and a regular hammer. Shout out to the kids for that one. The disc are easy to break apart with fingers but not fragile enough to break when you drop them. I assume quality of product matters. Makes nice hash for people on the go…or not, I don’t judge you. They came out clean. I just had them thrown in with loose kief.

7 Likes

I was thinking about getting a mold that I could use with my bench vise to make bricks…

1 Like

I want to replace the screen in my trim bin… is 150 or 220 microns a finer/smaller screen?

150 microns is smaller. It’s the size particle that it allows through. The trim bin comes with 150 I think.

1 Like

Yeah 150 is correct I love my trim bin

3 Likes

Every one who grows needs a trim bin!

4 Likes

Thank you for this post!
It looks like the easiest way to make kief & the most cost effective!
I just ordered a trim bin on Amazon, being delivered Monday.
Thanks again!

1 Like

@Smokey2. This was some of my jars of kief

I don’t have a trim bin, but I did stay at a Holiday inn Express one time. I went to the craft store and bought a screen for screen printing, on sale for about $12. I froze my trim and rubbed it across the screen with a credit card. Same results on the cheap.

7 Likes

I made kief for the first time with the trim bin.

Used some for vape juice and made a puck with the rest

9 Likes

Good job bro well done

2 Likes

Thanks Daz!

1 Like

Nice, looks tasty! :slight_smile: :+1:

3 Likes

What’s your recipe for vape juice?