How to dry buds

First timer here just wondering how to properly dry your plants and can you dry them out other than hanging them

2 Likes
7 Likes

Yes you can it’s best to use some kind of screen material so there’s airflow all around they have a bunch of different drying racks out there just Google herb dryers

4 Likes

Happy birthday :birthday::partying_face: Mr/Ms (whichever it is) @Newt

3 Likes

Thank you, @MeEasy! (It’s Mr.) :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you I gained a little knowledge from that I just hung my first plant ever will be back and let you know how it goes

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

But I do have a question that I keep researching but not getting a clear picture do buds fatten up while they are drying or do they get smaller

Buds will shrink as the moisture content drops.

2 Likes

U can use a fly screen from ur house as long as it isnt a fibreglass one ,what you do is put a milk crate at each end of the flyscreen to hold it flat put ur bud on it and place a fan in the room where ur doin it so it blows air around the buds but only have on low

1 Like

Or buy one of these

1 Like

After i do a bud wash and the water is drained. I put them in a drying rack with a fan pointing at it.

1 Like

Jeez no need to complicate matters just tie a twine through a room cut, wash, hang, and run a fun underneath the plants so it just rotates the air

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies and great suggestions I’m willing to try all of them and see which one best fits me thank you guys for the help

Yeah I got clothesline and clothespins and that was that

4 bucks at dollar general

2 Likes

Depending on the amount and humidity levels, I often dry in a cardboard box

2 Likes

In a cardboard box? How do I do that exactly

Anyone knows how to cardboard box dry?? What all do you need for the setup

@Lacewing, can you help @Highlysmoking ?

Hi @Highlysmoking I’m sure the reason @beardless didn’t answer you was he didn’t see your asking him if when you talk to someone on a thread other than their own tag them with an @ in front of their name like I did above and it gives them a direct notification otherwise they could easily miss it and now that I tagged beardless he will probably come by and explain his method I kinda know but don’t want to miss something

1 Like