How to customize a 4x4 tent for 4 plants + equipment

Hey all, I’ve been growing my first plant (from clone) in a 4x4 Vivosun tent with iPower 6" inline, a humidifer/dehumidifer and space heater and fan on the floor (will replace with a clip fan or 2). I have an AC outside the tent to cool. You can see the progress in my grow journal here.

Anyway, I’m starting to plan for my next grow since I am switching to flower with my first. I wanna try to do 4 plants from seed as I’ve read each needs 2x2 space. However, I’m not sure how to create more space for equipment like a humidifier and dehumidifier. This is the humidifier I have, and this is the dehumidifier. The humidifier takes up way more space on the floor and I use it during vegging (live in NorCal where it’s like 20-40% in spring/summer/early fall unless it’s raining which isn’t often).

I’ve looked into getting rack shelves like these (especially since I could germinate vegetable seeds on them simultaneous to vegging cannabis), but then I basically have a 3x4 tent instead. Will 4 plants still be okay with 1.5x2 instead of 2x2?

Does anyone have any other grow tent organization hacks like “wall shelving”? I’m just not sure if the tent could support a shelf with a full humidifier?

The best way to deal with relative humidity is to keep the dehumidifier / humidifiers out of the tents and control the room the tents are in. The heat the dehumidifier puts out is not helpful either in the tent.
I have an intake and exhaust fans for my tents. They are also outside of the tents.
This is the best way to handle it.

2 Likes

Yes…go for it! Plenty of growers here do 4 plants in a 3x3.

1 Like