How to cure your harvest

Need help with curing got no idea how to besides burping it in a jar after its mostly dry

1 Like

i use small hydrometers in my jars. they tell me the RH% in my jar. if I jar and my RH is around 60 65% I only burp quicky and a few times a day for at least 2 weeks trying to keep the RH in that range. if it gets higher or is higher like 70 I burp longer like 30 mins a few times a day tell the jars read in range, then just quick burps again. higher then 7o% pull ur bud out and let dry some more. works for me.

5 Likes

U can get boveda packs its a 2 way rh oack place that in the jar weed on top and a hygrometer and just watch it every couple hours til its staying between ur 58 to 62 rh. Got 2 options for the bo eda 58 or 62% i got both and 6w is a little better imo. Good luck

1 Like

Great question… I still have much to learn. I heard about the Bovedas when researching how to deal with a friends extra dry harvest. It had lost its ‘stickyness’ and someone moaned it was too dry! Lol - so Boveda was what I came up with to give to him. When it arrived I thought… why not put it in my jars with my hydrometers! I thought it was a good idea but someone said it changes the taste of yr buds and not to use it? I just want to cure mine in the best way possible and I’m not in a hurry, and solve a friends dry bud issue (the actual stone off his buds was excellent) and of course anyone who got it got twice as much! Thoughts? :blush::sunflower:

2 Likes

I did just recently hear about the taste change too. There is a few other kinds out there that was mentioned that ppl say dont affect the flavor

1 Like

Another brand called “Integra” seems to be well regarded here as well

2 Likes

I dry mine for a few days on a rack. I then jar it with a hygrometer and watch the RH fluctuating. If it goes higher than 65% I will open my jar until it comes down to nearer 62 then close the jar again. If it goes above 65% I will take it out and dry on the rack for another day before jarring, then I watch the RH again. Mine has been in the jar for 3 days now and the RH hasn’t move from the magic 62%. If I’m too dry then I stick 3 big fan leafs in there. 0ne at the bottom, one halfway and one on the top, that will raise my humidity. I let it go to around 65% because I know when I remove those leafs my RH will dip slightly, then I remove and monitor again. I use 65% rh because that’s what works for me, ultimately I’m looking for 62% and stable for a few days.

5 Likes

I do this.

It works great. You don’t necessarily need to put the hygrometers in the lid like I did, but it is a simple solution that takes out all of the guessing.
Getting too dry too fast will stop aging process. (Chlorophyll break down). Too wet and mold/mildew is a threat. Hygrometers are cheap and make life very easy.

I do start out with about 4 days in a drying net to get the buds close to the 60% I look for 62% or less to then put into the jars. If the relative humidity is too high in jars, I put it all back in net for a day and try again until you hit ~60%. Then toss in a Bovida pack and vacuum seal the jar for best long term storage. My supplies last years this way. (I like to keep a bit of each grow around).

2 Likes

Definitely need to ensure the RH is stable before vacuum sealing.

4 Likes

Learnt so much from this even after weeks of researching, thanks a lot everyone for your help now to buy these products. Any recommendations from a well trusted source to purchase from ?

1 Like

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/AUTIDEFY-Electronic-Temperature-Thermometer-Hygrometer/dp/B07SJK7FWY/ref=bmx_5/144-7647487-1115504?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07SJK7FWY&pd_rd_r=365793c1-3a7f-41be-aa9a-1cd87b056b73&pd_rd_w=X99D5&pd_rd_wg=fliKj&pf_rd_p=04f8298a-a324-416e-a108-788274fceb3a&pf_rd_r=0VM0A17K5K4H3BVTEMN9&psc=1&refRID=0VM0A17K5K4H3BVTEMN9

2 Likes

So I would love someone to give me a run down of the process from start to finish. Starting with cutting the buds off and drying them in a net. How loMy do you do that before putting them in a jar? Is there a step in between that?

I cut my plant and hang the colas separately .I dry for 7 to 10 days. when they buds feel dry on the outside and a smaller branch will snap I trim and jar. When drying I like to have some air exchange but nothing blowing directly on the buds, I also keep the RH around 50% and in the dark if you can.

3 Likes