How to check PH?

I have taken some soil and made mud to check PH with the paper strips. Will that method work or way off ?

Way off, those strips are inaccurate. Get one of these. They have them cheaper.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Next stop Amazon.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community ! The apera PH meter is a very good choice as mentioned @Zee. The creeper meters you’re going to always be chasing the calibration.

2 Likes

I spent the last 30 mins. reading about apera ph meter. Not sure how to use it for soil all it’s telling me is how to use in water. Can someone help ?

2 Likes

You will use the meter to Ph the water before watering Sweet Spot being 6.5 pH . Also when start to feed add the nutes to the water first then check pH.nutes Drive PH down you will also need to buy a couple of bottles of PH Up and Down solution. So you can make your adjustment. When you water your plant to run off you also use pH meter to check collected runoff. To see what your pH numbers read. Hope that helps you will get the hang of it quick.

3 Likes

Thanks kellydans, so I ph the water not soil. It’s all making since now.

3 Likes

Yes, also checking pH of runoff. If you’re not using cloth or fabric pot I do recommend easier to catch runoff . To check pH number or PPM number. Good luck with your new venture.

2 Likes