How to build an epic SCROG system

Is there a reason you used electrical conduit vs pvc piping?

1 Like

Hey bubblehead…well its cost for starters, but then there are a couple of things…

ok so I used the orange stuff because its more ridged, its a thicker grade conduit, its more ridged- les bendy then some pvc pipe… same cost.

I think its still pvc because u use the same glue, but u see where I have given an offcut to the puppy, it doesn’t shatter like pipe it stretches out, and is… together,… this is important when you need to drill the 200-300 holes u can use a fluted drill bit if u use plumbing pipe just be careful when drilling the holes… :hushed:

and you can see the wider bend, the elbow… you can get different options here, and I wanted this screen to be close to the tent size and thes elbows allow me to go right to the edges… imagine if the chewed one is the pole going up… :grin:

you can see in the photo above I used tighter bends and the screen is smaller, I may fix this in the future…:woozy_face:… some of thes emojis…:grinning:

3 Likes

You can also purchase sweep 90’s for cpvc or plumbing type piping but, sometimes electrical conduit is cheaper, due to the fact no water and no pressure rating, there are also different options available that are not available with plumbing type PVC with electrical PVC piping. You use what works, in my profession as an investigator/ used to be inspector, I have seen people try to use plumbing fittings for electrical uses. May work but not listed and labeled for that use. That being said, whatever works, works, not like water or electric being ran through it.

2 Likes

Absolutely, its cheap common and user friendly… there may be a better solution but all it needs to be is a frame that shape and lightweight…:grinning:, but year you are right no pressure rating, and they are designed to be used by electricians, so they are sloppy as f#ck, plumbing fittings u need to get everything a bit more precise… but just test the drilling…:grinning:

the other thing is u can use those pipe cutters with plumbing stuff its just designed to cut the conduit better…

you could use what ever u want though, its just what I use…:grin:

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger, I was looking back through some of your grows just before, :smirk: and u use a similar system, do you want to put up some photos of how you hang yours and how u run you string and what you like, don’t like? and anyone else for that matter…

things I haven’t thought of or could be improved on…

3 Likes

Sure. I’ve moved away from growing scrog style, but I’ve got quite a few grows using it. I’ll snap some pics tomorrow.

3 Likes

Now I just need to show this to my husband and see if he’ll help me do this because I grow in a room instead of tent. Would it make any sense to make one for outside growing?:blush::blush:

2 Likes

if you are hanging lights, I think u should be able to hang these… :grinning:

im going to move out of the tent and hand heaps of stuff from the ceiling, but ill scew a frame to the ceiling and then screw everything to that… do u guys have furring channel? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:… I think stud and track is an American company… anyway ill post some pics when I do that… :smile:

and I did think about not hanging it from the ceiling but I find the benefits are worth it… in the tent it stops it bumping around when im out of the tent, I will have to think of something… :smiley:

im just really happy its helping people… :smile: build them and put some pic up… :smiley:

oh and what they look like in use… the one on my left is my first scrog, and the one on the right is my second… they are great :smile:, always there when I need them…
8 wks and 4 weeks… :smirk:

have a good one legends… :smile:

7 Likes

Very nice set up!! And looks good too!

2 Likes

thanks buddy… :relaxed: happy new year!

2 Likes

Yes, beautiful garden! Thanks for all you share! Happy New Year!

2 Likes

@kettle happy new year to you to brother! You are definitely off to a GREAT START!

1 Like

@kettle I’m going to have to learn the hydro stuff fast… Everyone of you growing like that have such BIG BEAUTIFUL plants and huge yields!

1 Like