How to bud wash

How far above canopy do you put your led light for flowering and is it max full blast output …

In the 3x3 tent I have a Kind XL 600 with 280 watts and bar light I built using pacific lights concepts photo boost strips (RIP) putting out 170W. Late veg through first 6-7 weeks of flower I max them out. Later I turn the PLC down a bit each successive week. They are at 350 now with a week or so left before harvest.

In the closet I have a HLG 260 Rspec over each plant. Set at 18 - 20" and 220 watts.

What’s the plc. ? The wattage

PLC - Pacific Lights Concepts
My light is 4 photo boost strips.
total watts 170

PLC recently discontinued operations. It’s founder also has a Youtube channel on all things cannabis called Greengenes Gardem.

1 Like

I got a spider farmer 450 watt led

1 Like

[quote=“Jamesbryant, post:20, topic:87257”]
I’ve read less light for flowering
[/quote]c
Daily Light (DLI) is a common measure of the amount of light needed to successfully flower cannabis.
PPFD is used to calculate DLI. You may have read a PPFD of 700 is a desired target to grow cannabis. Higher levels of PPFD can produce more higher quality buds under optimized conditions. Somewhere around 1000 the condition of diminishing returns sets in and at higher levels special environments are necessary to obtain the benefit of the additional light. Lumigrow expressed this diminishing return concepts as follows:
cannabis-flower-weight-chart-expanded - Lumigrow

This chart shows recommended DLI by growth stage. You can see DLI is initially lower than what a 33% change in light hours (18 to 12) would dictate.

The red line added by a member represents what many think is a more optimum level of light during flower. A DLI of 45 or slightly higher for 12 hours is obtainable with the quality lights now available.

The DLI fomula is …DLI=PPFD x light hours per day x (3600/1000,000)

This chart shows the necessary PPFD to maintain a DLI level of 45
PPFD - DLI