How to best use grow tents

I have a 6" carbon filter in ceiling of tent. Wish I’d gone 4", didn’t realize how big the filter would be, didn’t realize that inches matter in a tent.

I think others have mentioned moving it to the outside im not sure I dont have any stinking filters lol

1 Like

Move the exhaust fan and filter to outside of the tent; it’ll give you more room.

3 Likes

I have fan on outside. I thought filter went inside. I have tent set up in my garage. Tent vents into garage not outside.

2 Likes

A 4" may not have been enough… I started with a 4".

Same with me… Lots more headroom.

1 Like

The fan and filter can go outside… Suck air out rather than push it out.

3 Likes

I see what you mean. Connect fan to outside of the tent, blowing air thru filter. I will change my setup today. Thanks

3 Likes

Thanks everybody for your advice, very helpful.

3 Likes

This is going to sound strange but coat your fingers in vaseline and rub the zipper. Work the zipper up and down a few times and wipe off any excess. You can also use chain lube for motorcycles. My new tent had a difficult zipper and this worked perfectly. I will repeat, clean up the zipper after doing this so as to remove any petroleum particulates or contaminates that may affect your ladies.

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with DLIorVPD. Alot of this is new to me.

1 Like

DLI = Daily Light Integral.
You measure your light using a meter such as:

Take that ppfd reading then calculate the light for the day depending on how long your light is on… 12,18, 24, etc… There’s a dli calculator on hlg dot com I am sure there’s more calculators online.

That way you give enough light but not too much.

VPD = vapor pressure deficit
Using leaf temperature, air temperature, and relative humidity you regulate your tents environment to maximize growth.
There are many online the best are excel docs that create custom heat charts and use all three factors.
You get the leaf temperature with this:

Set at 0.94.

edited to add tags to links

2 Likes

If you know your lights PPFD, you can calc the DLI using this formula.
If PPFD is 1100 for example and you are in veg at 18 hours per day, then
1100 x 18 x .0036 = 71 DLI
If in flower at 12 hours, 1100 x 12 x .0036 = 47 DLI
The apps for our phones take all the guesswork out which is nice.

1 Like

I have a bloom plus xp 3000 set at 70 percent about 18" above my seedlings. They are under a clear plastic cover for now. Hope to transplant in another week. I will get the meter and look into this. Thanks, you’ve been a great help.

1 Like

@Dj351 Dli charts… First is for auto… Second for regular Photoperiod.

2 Likes

I had to wd40 mine I know what your saying

1 Like

@Bonjoyle @Bunger64 I had to use a bar of soap on my old Vivosun 4x4s.

I don’t know how many times I had to repair the zippers… Zipper repair is a pain in the a@#!

1 Like

I am careful with the zippers. Lubricated with a little Vaseline. I don’t unzip unless I have to water, etc. I made a mistake buying a cheap tent.

1 Like

I ended up selling the cheap tents… Vivosun… After a while for cheap.
I was spending too much time worrying about the zippers… Would they close, open… Come off completely…

When AC Infinity came out with theirs… I jumped on it.

One of many things I don’t think about anymore.

Part of the hobby is figuring out what you need… What you don’t… And what can you do to make it easier on yourself without affecting quality.

1 Like

I bought a richya 4x4. This is probably as cheap as it gets. Is your tent easy to zip up? The fabric on mine is too tight. It’s a pain starting the middle zipper.

1 Like